Why does guinea pig have pink poop?

Breed: Guinea pig
Hi! I am a big fan!
So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink tipe of poop but small and VERY stinky! Do you have any idea of what it is?

There really isn't anything that can cause a guinea pig to have pink stools. Is it possible that you were seeing blood in the stool?

If so, some causes for blood in a guinea pig's poop include a polyp in the intestines, a bacterial infection called clostridium, intestinal inflammation because of a change in food, or cancer in the intestines (not common.)

Is it possible that you were seeing a pink color in the urine? If so, this could mean a bladder stone or bladder infection.

I suppose it is also possible that the poop could be a weird color because of something she ate that had red or pink coloring in it. Has she had any new treats at all?

If you are noticing more of this, then it is a good idea to have a vet visit.

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (15487 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (8312 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (68738 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (49983 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (11387 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (15870 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16936 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (13792 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (35749 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (11404 views)