Why does guinea pig have pink poop?

Breed: Guinea pig
Hi! I am a big fan!
So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink tipe of poop but small and VERY stinky! Do you have any idea of what it is?

There really isn't anything that can cause a guinea pig to have pink stools. Is it possible that you were seeing blood in the stool?

If so, some causes for blood in a guinea pig's poop include a polyp in the intestines, a bacterial infection called clostridium, intestinal inflammation because of a change in food, or cancer in the intestines (not common.)

Is it possible that you were seeing a pink color in the urine? If so, this could mean a bladder stone or bladder infection.

I suppose it is also possible that the poop could be a weird color because of something she ate that had red or pink coloring in it. Has she had any new treats at all?

If you are noticing more of this, then it is a good idea to have a vet visit.

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (5362 views)

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (15129 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (4722 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (22684 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (14853 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (53450 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (6515 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7138 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (12711 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (7328 views)