Why does guinea pig have pink poop?

Breed: Guinea pig
Hi! I am a big fan!
So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink tipe of poop but small and VERY stinky! Do you have any idea of what it is?

There really isn't anything that can cause a guinea pig to have pink stools. Is it possible that you were seeing blood in the stool?

If so, some causes for blood in a guinea pig's poop include a polyp in the intestines, a bacterial infection called clostridium, intestinal inflammation because of a change in food, or cancer in the intestines (not common.)

Is it possible that you were seeing a pink color in the urine? If so, this could mean a bladder stone or bladder infection.

I suppose it is also possible that the poop could be a weird color because of something she ate that had red or pink coloring in it. Has she had any new treats at all?

If you are noticing more of this, then it is a good idea to have a vet visit.

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6885 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (9717 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (15705 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (8972 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (7018 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (9533 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7770 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (8563 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8249 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (7898 views)