Why does guinea pig have pink poop?

Breed: Guinea pig
Hi! I am a big fan!
So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink tipe of poop but small and VERY stinky! Do you have any idea of what it is?

There really isn't anything that can cause a guinea pig to have pink stools. Is it possible that you were seeing blood in the stool?

If so, some causes for blood in a guinea pig's poop include a polyp in the intestines, a bacterial infection called clostridium, intestinal inflammation because of a change in food, or cancer in the intestines (not common.)

Is it possible that you were seeing a pink color in the urine? If so, this could mean a bladder stone or bladder infection.

I suppose it is also possible that the poop could be a weird color because of something she ate that had red or pink coloring in it. Has she had any new treats at all?

If you are noticing more of this, then it is a good idea to have a vet visit.

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (7656 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (30762 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (3909 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (6878 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (4819 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (11684 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (17641 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9503 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (7213 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (16913 views)