Why does guinea pig have pink poop?

Breed: Guinea pig
Hi! I am a big fan!
So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink tipe of poop but small and VERY stinky! Do you have any idea of what it is?

There really isn't anything that can cause a guinea pig to have pink stools. Is it possible that you were seeing blood in the stool?

If so, some causes for blood in a guinea pig's poop include a polyp in the intestines, a bacterial infection called clostridium, intestinal inflammation because of a change in food, or cancer in the intestines (not common.)

Is it possible that you were seeing a pink color in the urine? If so, this could mean a bladder stone or bladder infection.

I suppose it is also possible that the poop could be a weird color because of something she ate that had red or pink coloring in it. Has she had any new treats at all?

If you are noticing more of this, then it is a good idea to have a vet visit.

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (33024 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (17310 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (5362 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (12456 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (7494 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (69312 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (39791 views)

Vomiting dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog Frank is usually very active, but one week ago he was feeling... (5577 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7258 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23073 views)