Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (20375 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (24863 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (9923 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (12625 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (13353 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (28894 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (45712 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (11213 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (15099 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (8775 views)