Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (9874 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6231 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (37145 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (13653 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (8077 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (23489 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (10518 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (16709 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5433 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (42017 views)