Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (12273 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (18301 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4617 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (7748 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (12573 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (25150 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (21167 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (5561 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (9762 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (14202 views)