Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (31427 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (290311 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (16232 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (32572 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (11245 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (66804 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (18992 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (32651 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (8319 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (10347 views)