Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (9442 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (11333 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (10941 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (11049 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (32356 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (27792 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (23586 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (18049 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (11669 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (5574 views)