Anal sac abscess.

Breed: chuwawa
my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little freind

It sounds like Skater could have an anal sac abscess. You can read more about anal gland problems like this here: anal gland problems in dogs.

If it is leaking pus then this means that the abscess has burst which is good news because it makes it less likely that Skater will need surgery.

However, most dogs with this condition are quite painful. I will usually prescribe pain medication and antibiotics when a patient of mine has this problem.

It may be too late now (as this was a free question and I believe it was asked some time ago), but it does sound like a vet visit is necessary.

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (9891 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (48109 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (9861 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (126428 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (21965 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (69780 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (13067 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (9984 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (15866 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (18622 views)