Swollen nose.

Breed: Samoyed
My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top. I have noticed this slowly raising for 5 weeks now. There is no pain when touched, no roof of mouth abnormalities or tooth decay. No discharge from the nose. The nose itself is moist but drier than normal. Unfortunately she has always liked to sun bake and although I have tried to stop her, I can't when not around. We live in Australia.
I took her to the vet this week who seemed to have no idea what it was, sending me home with 10 days of antibiotics. Her temperature was normal. I was given mixed messages from them, saying it was of "concern" and I should have xrays if it doesnt improve, but said they would double check with the other vet on site. On return she said xray would show nothing and I should not be concerned ! I am concerned as her mother died just 4 months ago from a nasal tumour at 11yrs old (although presented completely differently ie: single nasal discharge, sneezing, eye deformity). I realise genetics can play a role, however it can also not be associated also. This dog is in every way like her father also, not her mother.
What can I do?

You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of pemphigus or discoid lupus.

A tumor is unfortunately a possibility as well.

It sounds like a biopsy of the area would be the next step.

Hope everything is ok!

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (28593 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (41177 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (25729 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (9270 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7828 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (27465 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5813 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (56584 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (22588 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (32841 views)