Swollen nose.

Breed: Samoyed
My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top. I have noticed this slowly raising for 5 weeks now. There is no pain when touched, no roof of mouth abnormalities or tooth decay. No discharge from the nose. The nose itself is moist but drier than normal. Unfortunately she has always liked to sun bake and although I have tried to stop her, I can't when not around. We live in Australia.
I took her to the vet this week who seemed to have no idea what it was, sending me home with 10 days of antibiotics. Her temperature was normal. I was given mixed messages from them, saying it was of "concern" and I should have xrays if it doesnt improve, but said they would double check with the other vet on site. On return she said xray would show nothing and I should not be concerned ! I am concerned as her mother died just 4 months ago from a nasal tumour at 11yrs old (although presented completely differently ie: single nasal discharge, sneezing, eye deformity). I realise genetics can play a role, however it can also not be associated also. This dog is in every way like her father also, not her mother.
What can I do?

You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of pemphigus or discoid lupus.

A tumor is unfortunately a possibility as well.

It sounds like a biopsy of the area would be the next step.

Hope everything is ok!

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (15436 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (10098 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (8860 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (24358 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (49369 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (46056 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (10531 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (74970 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (22972 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (8878 views)