Swollen nose.

Breed: Samoyed
My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top. I have noticed this slowly raising for 5 weeks now. There is no pain when touched, no roof of mouth abnormalities or tooth decay. No discharge from the nose. The nose itself is moist but drier than normal. Unfortunately she has always liked to sun bake and although I have tried to stop her, I can't when not around. We live in Australia.
I took her to the vet this week who seemed to have no idea what it was, sending me home with 10 days of antibiotics. Her temperature was normal. I was given mixed messages from them, saying it was of "concern" and I should have xrays if it doesnt improve, but said they would double check with the other vet on site. On return she said xray would show nothing and I should not be concerned ! I am concerned as her mother died just 4 months ago from a nasal tumour at 11yrs old (although presented completely differently ie: single nasal discharge, sneezing, eye deformity). I realise genetics can play a role, however it can also not be associated also. This dog is in every way like her father also, not her mother.
What can I do?

You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of pemphigus or discoid lupus.

A tumor is unfortunately a possibility as well.

It sounds like a biopsy of the area would be the next step.

Hope everything is ok!

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (10779 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (26688 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6499 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (15232 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (22231 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (22459 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (4436 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9206 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5457 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11512 views)