Noticing metallic odor.

Breed: Pit Bull Mix
Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks and got her 2 days after she was spayed. Recently she has been emitting this metallic odor. She does not have any discharge, but the odor stays on clothing or blankets if she is on them for a period of time. Her spay scar has fully healed and she doesn't seem to pay much attention to it but she does lick her behind every once in a while. I have researched and some have said it could be a gland problem where others have said it could be an infection? Thank you for your input!

While I can't say for sure, it sounds like what you are describing is the odor of some anal gland material emptying from the glands. Some dogs need to have their glands emptied regularly.

While it could be an infection, it likely is just a matter of full glands. It would be great to have your vet check them out!

You can read more information here about anal glands.

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (8108 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (10005 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (13476 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (13043 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (39566 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (21252 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (24779 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (19750 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (13027 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (10008 views)