Noticing metallic odor.

Breed: Pit Bull Mix
Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks and got her 2 days after she was spayed. Recently she has been emitting this metallic odor. She does not have any discharge, but the odor stays on clothing or blankets if she is on them for a period of time. Her spay scar has fully healed and she doesn't seem to pay much attention to it but she does lick her behind every once in a while. I have researched and some have said it could be a gland problem where others have said it could be an infection? Thank you for your input!

While I can't say for sure, it sounds like what you are describing is the odor of some anal gland material emptying from the glands. Some dogs need to have their glands emptied regularly.

While it could be an infection, it likely is just a matter of full glands. It would be great to have your vet check them out!

You can read more information here about anal glands.

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (8168 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (12494 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (11271 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (28464 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (42828 views)

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (34075 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (10119 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (7938 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (8425 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (10557 views)