Noticing metallic odor.

Breed: Pit Bull Mix
Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks and got her 2 days after she was spayed. Recently she has been emitting this metallic odor. She does not have any discharge, but the odor stays on clothing or blankets if she is on them for a period of time. Her spay scar has fully healed and she doesn't seem to pay much attention to it but she does lick her behind every once in a while. I have researched and some have said it could be a gland problem where others have said it could be an infection? Thank you for your input!

While I can't say for sure, it sounds like what you are describing is the odor of some anal gland material emptying from the glands. Some dogs need to have their glands emptied regularly.

While it could be an infection, it likely is just a matter of full glands. It would be great to have your vet check them out!

You can read more information here about anal glands.

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (11910 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (20504 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (9438 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (13142 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (13617 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (690627 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (36542 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (15590 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (16846 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (10473 views)