Noticing metallic odor.

Breed: Pit Bull Mix
Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks and got her 2 days after she was spayed. Recently she has been emitting this metallic odor. She does not have any discharge, but the odor stays on clothing or blankets if she is on them for a period of time. Her spay scar has fully healed and she doesn't seem to pay much attention to it but she does lick her behind every once in a while. I have researched and some have said it could be a gland problem where others have said it could be an infection? Thank you for your input!

While I can't say for sure, it sounds like what you are describing is the odor of some anal gland material emptying from the glands. Some dogs need to have their glands emptied regularly.

While it could be an infection, it likely is just a matter of full glands. It would be great to have your vet check them out!

You can read more information here about anal glands.

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20400 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5147 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (10132 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (10268 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6424 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10320 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11189 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11280 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (13921 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12592 views)