Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (11246 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8896 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (7529 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8906 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (11602 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (21122 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (16758 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (12135 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (13404 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (8155 views)