Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13333 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (10005 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (21980 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (67928 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (7749 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (12768 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (16253 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (8962 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (8298 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18373 views)