Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (3509 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (3415 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (7694 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (9559 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (5884 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (15228 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (12930 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (34262 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (13769 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (5244 views)