Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (11656 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (34932 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (5705 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (18534 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (5356 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (15521 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (14262 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4615 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (16255 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4585 views)