Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4668 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4362 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12297 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (13247 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8485 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (11983 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (12417 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (22381 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (24861 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (38065 views)