Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.

Breed: Pitbull/Shepard Mix
I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of brown stuff in there ears after doing some research online I found that it was ear mites. I'm not working right now and I cannot afford to bring them to the vet, Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the mites? Thanks so much!

Ear mites are a possibility but another possibility is an ear infection. However, with both the dog and the cat affected I think ear mites are most likely.

The medication that I use the most for ear mites is Revolution which is a little tube of liquid that is put on the skin on the back of the neck. It works amazingly well. However, it is a prescription product and you can only get it with a written prescription from your vet.

Sometimes an over the counter ear mite treatment but I have not always found these to be effective.

It also helps to use an ear cleaner to remove the debris.

However, if this is an ear infection then they almost always need to be treated with prescription medications from the vet, in which case a visit would be necessary.

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (17348 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (17754 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5997 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30527 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4809 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (56438 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11640 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (26283 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (6513 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24819 views)