Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5042 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (7836 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (10350 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (14317 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (9572 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (27026 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (21617 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (7770 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (15142 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14755 views)