Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (22299 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10061 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (23694 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11324 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (10491 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (8908 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (34932 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (22178 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (29339 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9981 views)