Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15386 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8414 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6955 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (63754 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (18950 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (41065 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (16287 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4707 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (24303 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12880 views)