Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (3936 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (6189 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (6902 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (14151 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (5644 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (14222 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (6527 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (7586 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (34673 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (55611 views)