Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (12415 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (17087 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (79850 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (292633 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (15393 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome hi i had my cat spayed a year ago and she went back into heat (full blown moaning... (20543 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (12158 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (47437 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (8549 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (15293 views)