Eye problem.

Breed: pitt bull
Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out for him but. There's a lot is that ok or what should I do

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Chance.

If you are seeing a green or yellow type of discharge from the eyes then there is a good possibility that there is some infection there. If that is the case it is not likely to go away without a prescription from your vet.

Many of the pitties in my office have allergies. While allergies don't cause a snotty discharge they can cause redness and inflammation and that inflammation can lead to an infection. If your vet feels there are allergies there they may talk about some chronic medications you can use to help.

Some dogs with discharge from their eyes can have a condition called dry eye (KCS or keratoconjunctivitis sicca). This is a serious condition that needs lifelong medication. However, it is not common in young dogs. If your vet suspects this they will do a quick test for it called a schirmer tear test.

I hope this helps!

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (56835 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6006 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (10278 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (27858 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (10357 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (52239 views)

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (28886 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (9006 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (11564 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (9339 views)