Cyst on dog?

Breed: Rat terrier chiuaua
My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her shoulder, what could it possibly be? It seeps if you squeeze it, but the liquid is clear that comes out and it doesn't seem to bother her until you do this I sent 3 pictures so you can a good look. Thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for your question. And, thanks for sending in this excellent photo:

dog cyst

This is an odd looking bump! My gut instinct is that this is probably some type of a cyst. If this is the case then it's not anything cancerous or serious. But, it is not likely to go away on its own.

There is a chance that there is something more serious going on in the lump underneath the cyst. For that reason, it's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may want to do a test called a fine needle aspirate where there put a needle in and draw some cells out. But, my guess is that this is nothing to worry about.

I have to emphasize that I can't give you an official diagnosis online so it probably is a good idea to have this checked out. If it is bothersome to your dog then your vet may consider removing this but it is something that may require a full anesthetic in order to remove.

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (8790 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (11851 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (10970 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (32864 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (4213 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (5859 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (25627 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (7189 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (9772 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (8012 views)