Cyst on dog?

Breed: Rat terrier chiuaua
My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her shoulder, what could it possibly be? It seeps if you squeeze it, but the liquid is clear that comes out and it doesn't seem to bother her until you do this I sent 3 pictures so you can a good look. Thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for your question. And, thanks for sending in this excellent photo:

dog cyst

This is an odd looking bump! My gut instinct is that this is probably some type of a cyst. If this is the case then it's not anything cancerous or serious. But, it is not likely to go away on its own.

There is a chance that there is something more serious going on in the lump underneath the cyst. For that reason, it's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may want to do a test called a fine needle aspirate where there put a needle in and draw some cells out. But, my guess is that this is nothing to worry about.

I have to emphasize that I can't give you an official diagnosis online so it probably is a good idea to have this checked out. If it is bothersome to your dog then your vet may consider removing this but it is something that may require a full anesthetic in order to remove.

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (3585 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (11422 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (11547 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (55946 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (4929 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (5340 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (5843 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (15085 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (9680 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (7735 views)