Bumpy skin on back.

Breed: Calico
My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back and stomach. What do you recommend I do to help her feel better? She might have fleas. We also have another cat and two more dogs. Could that have affect on her? The cats and dogs all get along very well though. Do you recommend medications or food? Please contact me as soon as possible. Cole Sturges - Andersen

Thanks for your question. There definitely is a chance that these skin problems are because of fleas.

You mentioned that she has bumpy itchy skin on her back. Is it in this area?

bumpy skin on back

This is one of the most common areas to see a problem because of fleas.

In some cases, when we get rid of the fleas, the skin problem goes away. But sometimes there can be infection present as well. If this is the case then she would need antibiotics from your vet.

To get rid of fleas, please don't use a pet store product. They simply don't work. Here are some flea products that I recommend:

If it is due to fleas then you need to treat all of the animals in the house because otherwise the fleas will just keep reproducing.

I hope they do ok!

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (60951 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (29622 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (12355 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (19287 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (9594 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (7513 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15019 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (71818 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (10261 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (4912 views)