Bumpy skin on back.

Breed: Calico
My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back and stomach. What do you recommend I do to help her feel better? She might have fleas. We also have another cat and two more dogs. Could that have affect on her? The cats and dogs all get along very well though. Do you recommend medications or food? Please contact me as soon as possible. Cole Sturges - Andersen

Thanks for your question. There definitely is a chance that these skin problems are because of fleas.

You mentioned that she has bumpy itchy skin on her back. Is it in this area?

bumpy skin on back

This is one of the most common areas to see a problem because of fleas.

In some cases, when we get rid of the fleas, the skin problem goes away. But sometimes there can be infection present as well. If this is the case then she would need antibiotics from your vet.

To get rid of fleas, please don't use a pet store product. They simply don't work. Here are some flea products that I recommend:

If it is due to fleas then you need to treat all of the animals in the house because otherwise the fleas will just keep reproducing.

I hope they do ok!

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11106 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7157 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14319 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (6453 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (53313 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10363 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9428 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (11931 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15388 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12745 views)