Really bad skin issues.

Breed: looks like small Nor
there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog categories; the name of the thread is SUPER NASTY SKIN.

i think the dog has skin-fold dermatitis, and it looks REALLY REally Ugly!!
the dog is pictured seated at the base of the original posters post, as part of her sig;

SANDY looks as fat as a 2-YO hog, she is a ball of lard with legs, and i think the outbreak in her axillae + groin where moisture, chafing, + bacteria / fungi feeding on the skin oils, dander, dirt, etc.
poor dog!!.... yeccch, too.

thanks for any help,
--- terry

terry pride, APDT-Aus, apdt#1827, CVA, IPDTA, TDF

here is a tiny to find the photos -
http://tinyurl.com/ygjtznz

thanks,
--- terry

Hi Terry...bless you for seeking out my help when this is not even your dog!

I've had a look at the pictures. I can never give a diagnosis online without actually seeing the pet in front of me but I can give you my thoughts on what this might be.

It certainly looks like an infection...most likely it is a bacterial infection. If the dog has some weight issues then a skin fold pyoderma is likely what this is. The black colour is there because this has been there chronically.

In my experience, some of these will go away with antibiotic creams but most of them will need oral antibiotics.

The good news is that now that a vet has seen Sandy, if she ends up needing the oral antibiotics they may be able to phone a prescription in to a local pharmacist (chemist) which could be less expensive for the owner.

One additional thought...I wonder if this dog has additional black areas in both armpits and groins? If so, she may have hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism could account for the weight gain. While hypothyroidism is a condition that is managed quite easily with medications it does require period bloodwork to be done.

I hope Sandy does ok!
I'll paste a copy of this answer on the thread for you. Thanks for asking your question!

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13799 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10395 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (9480 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (43489 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (10284 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (26106 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (23640 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (44062 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (14110 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (10137 views)