Really bad skin issues.

Breed: looks like small Nor
there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog categories; the name of the thread is SUPER NASTY SKIN.

i think the dog has skin-fold dermatitis, and it looks REALLY REally Ugly!!
the dog is pictured seated at the base of the original posters post, as part of her sig;

SANDY looks as fat as a 2-YO hog, she is a ball of lard with legs, and i think the outbreak in her axillae + groin where moisture, chafing, + bacteria / fungi feeding on the skin oils, dander, dirt, etc.
poor dog!!.... yeccch, too.

thanks for any help,
--- terry

terry pride, APDT-Aus, apdt#1827, CVA, IPDTA, TDF

here is a tiny to find the photos -
http://tinyurl.com/ygjtznz

thanks,
--- terry

Hi Terry...bless you for seeking out my help when this is not even your dog!

I've had a look at the pictures. I can never give a diagnosis online without actually seeing the pet in front of me but I can give you my thoughts on what this might be.

It certainly looks like an infection...most likely it is a bacterial infection. If the dog has some weight issues then a skin fold pyoderma is likely what this is. The black colour is there because this has been there chronically.

In my experience, some of these will go away with antibiotic creams but most of them will need oral antibiotics.

The good news is that now that a vet has seen Sandy, if she ends up needing the oral antibiotics they may be able to phone a prescription in to a local pharmacist (chemist) which could be less expensive for the owner.

One additional thought...I wonder if this dog has additional black areas in both armpits and groins? If so, she may have hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism could account for the weight gain. While hypothyroidism is a condition that is managed quite easily with medications it does require period bloodwork to be done.

I hope Sandy does ok!
I'll paste a copy of this answer on the thread for you. Thanks for asking your question!

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6321 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13065 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (53451 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (7850 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (21446 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (51862 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3888 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (51900 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (48920 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (28273 views)