Really bad skin issues.

Breed: looks like small Nor
there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog categories; the name of the thread is SUPER NASTY SKIN.

i think the dog has skin-fold dermatitis, and it looks REALLY REally Ugly!!
the dog is pictured seated at the base of the original posters post, as part of her sig;

SANDY looks as fat as a 2-YO hog, she is a ball of lard with legs, and i think the outbreak in her axillae + groin where moisture, chafing, + bacteria / fungi feeding on the skin oils, dander, dirt, etc.
poor dog!!.... yeccch, too.

thanks for any help,
--- terry

terry pride, APDT-Aus, apdt#1827, CVA, IPDTA, TDF

here is a tiny to find the photos -
http://tinyurl.com/ygjtznz

thanks,
--- terry

Hi Terry...bless you for seeking out my help when this is not even your dog!

I've had a look at the pictures. I can never give a diagnosis online without actually seeing the pet in front of me but I can give you my thoughts on what this might be.

It certainly looks like an infection...most likely it is a bacterial infection. If the dog has some weight issues then a skin fold pyoderma is likely what this is. The black colour is there because this has been there chronically.

In my experience, some of these will go away with antibiotic creams but most of them will need oral antibiotics.

The good news is that now that a vet has seen Sandy, if she ends up needing the oral antibiotics they may be able to phone a prescription in to a local pharmacist (chemist) which could be less expensive for the owner.

One additional thought...I wonder if this dog has additional black areas in both armpits and groins? If so, she may have hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism could account for the weight gain. While hypothyroidism is a condition that is managed quite easily with medications it does require period bloodwork to be done.

I hope Sandy does ok!
I'll paste a copy of this answer on the thread for you. Thanks for asking your question!

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16258 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8911 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11434 views)

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (40250 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (35341 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6626 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (33105 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7999 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (26645 views)

Cat is sneezing a lot. I have a two year old cat. I adopted her from a shelter last December. When I... (30106 views)