Really bad skin issues.

Breed: looks like small Nor
there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog categories; the name of the thread is SUPER NASTY SKIN.

i think the dog has skin-fold dermatitis, and it looks REALLY REally Ugly!!
the dog is pictured seated at the base of the original posters post, as part of her sig;

SANDY looks as fat as a 2-YO hog, she is a ball of lard with legs, and i think the outbreak in her axillae + groin where moisture, chafing, + bacteria / fungi feeding on the skin oils, dander, dirt, etc.
poor dog!!.... yeccch, too.

thanks for any help,
--- terry

terry pride, APDT-Aus, apdt#1827, CVA, IPDTA, TDF

here is a tiny to find the photos -
http://tinyurl.com/ygjtznz

thanks,
--- terry

Hi Terry...bless you for seeking out my help when this is not even your dog!

I've had a look at the pictures. I can never give a diagnosis online without actually seeing the pet in front of me but I can give you my thoughts on what this might be.

It certainly looks like an infection...most likely it is a bacterial infection. If the dog has some weight issues then a skin fold pyoderma is likely what this is. The black colour is there because this has been there chronically.

In my experience, some of these will go away with antibiotic creams but most of them will need oral antibiotics.

The good news is that now that a vet has seen Sandy, if she ends up needing the oral antibiotics they may be able to phone a prescription in to a local pharmacist (chemist) which could be less expensive for the owner.

One additional thought...I wonder if this dog has additional black areas in both armpits and groins? If so, she may have hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism could account for the weight gain. While hypothyroidism is a condition that is managed quite easily with medications it does require period bloodwork to be done.

I hope Sandy does ok!
I'll paste a copy of this answer on the thread for you. Thanks for asking your question!

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (14109 views)

Cat can't move tail or legs. My girlfriend's family saved a cat viciously attacked by dogs in the street in... (29022 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (48404 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12696 views)

Not eating, panting. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs all together. Daisy is the alpha of the group.... (15307 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (17738 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (23202 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (12270 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (19360 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (37308 views)