Really bad skin issues.

Breed: looks like small Nor
there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog categories; the name of the thread is SUPER NASTY SKIN.

i think the dog has skin-fold dermatitis, and it looks REALLY REally Ugly!!
the dog is pictured seated at the base of the original posters post, as part of her sig;

SANDY looks as fat as a 2-YO hog, she is a ball of lard with legs, and i think the outbreak in her axillae + groin where moisture, chafing, + bacteria / fungi feeding on the skin oils, dander, dirt, etc.
poor dog!!.... yeccch, too.

thanks for any help,
--- terry

terry pride, APDT-Aus, apdt#1827, CVA, IPDTA, TDF

here is a tiny to find the photos -
http://tinyurl.com/ygjtznz

thanks,
--- terry

Hi Terry...bless you for seeking out my help when this is not even your dog!

I've had a look at the pictures. I can never give a diagnosis online without actually seeing the pet in front of me but I can give you my thoughts on what this might be.

It certainly looks like an infection...most likely it is a bacterial infection. If the dog has some weight issues then a skin fold pyoderma is likely what this is. The black colour is there because this has been there chronically.

In my experience, some of these will go away with antibiotic creams but most of them will need oral antibiotics.

The good news is that now that a vet has seen Sandy, if she ends up needing the oral antibiotics they may be able to phone a prescription in to a local pharmacist (chemist) which could be less expensive for the owner.

One additional thought...I wonder if this dog has additional black areas in both armpits and groins? If so, she may have hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism could account for the weight gain. While hypothyroidism is a condition that is managed quite easily with medications it does require period bloodwork to be done.

I hope Sandy does ok!
I'll paste a copy of this answer on the thread for you. Thanks for asking your question!

Did air freshener kill my dog? hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused... (11529 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (82267 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (6618 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5419 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8869 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12530 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (12195 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9707 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11535 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (8420 views)