Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5414 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (7798 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (46289 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9711 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (16194 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (26976 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9762 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6534 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (23643 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (13946 views)