Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (7861 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4492 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (7866 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (26806 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12366 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (8742 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (28395 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (8520 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11447 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (19288 views)