Puppy vomiting with blood.

Breed: chihuahua/ shit-zu
my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her siblings are staring to throw up with a little blood. what could be the cause of this. they are also starting to state the food i give to their mother.

There are several things that can cause a young puppy to vomit. My main concern would be for parvo virus. Parvo is a very serious condition that causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Often the vomit or diarrhea can be bloody.

Parvo is always best to be treated by a vet as the puppies have a much higher chance of surviving with IV fluids.

It's also possible that this is a serious parasite problem.

There really is not much that I would recommend at home. Puppies are not good at fighting dehydration and so I would recommend you have this little one see the vet right away.

Hope everything is ok!

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (17093 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13863 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (113017 views)

Dog snaps when head touched. Dear Dr. Marie, Our 7 year old bichon frise has started new concerning behavior.... (6902 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (23045 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (5075 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10763 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7210 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18778 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (12215 views)