Puppy vomiting with blood.

Breed: chihuahua/ shit-zu
my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her siblings are staring to throw up with a little blood. what could be the cause of this. they are also starting to state the food i give to their mother.

There are several things that can cause a young puppy to vomit. My main concern would be for parvo virus. Parvo is a very serious condition that causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Often the vomit or diarrhea can be bloody.

Parvo is always best to be treated by a vet as the puppies have a much higher chance of surviving with IV fluids.

It's also possible that this is a serious parasite problem.

There really is not much that I would recommend at home. Puppies are not good at fighting dehydration and so I would recommend you have this little one see the vet right away.

Hope everything is ok!

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8176 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (99240 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (6497 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (26335 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (19049 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (13753 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17886 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (3590 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8362 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7509 views)