Puppy vomiting with blood.

Breed: chihuahua/ shit-zu
my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her siblings are staring to throw up with a little blood. what could be the cause of this. they are also starting to state the food i give to their mother.

There are several things that can cause a young puppy to vomit. My main concern would be for parvo virus. Parvo is a very serious condition that causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Often the vomit or diarrhea can be bloody.

Parvo is always best to be treated by a vet as the puppies have a much higher chance of surviving with IV fluids.

It's also possible that this is a serious parasite problem.

There really is not much that I would recommend at home. Puppies are not good at fighting dehydration and so I would recommend you have this little one see the vet right away.

Hope everything is ok!

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (21640 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (29452 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13625 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (16643 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (14460 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (8175 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (7664 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (8895 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (15478 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (8450 views)