Puppy vomiting with blood.

Breed: chihuahua/ shit-zu
my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her siblings are staring to throw up with a little blood. what could be the cause of this. they are also starting to state the food i give to their mother.

There are several things that can cause a young puppy to vomit. My main concern would be for parvo virus. Parvo is a very serious condition that causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Often the vomit or diarrhea can be bloody.

Parvo is always best to be treated by a vet as the puppies have a much higher chance of surviving with IV fluids.

It's also possible that this is a serious parasite problem.

There really is not much that I would recommend at home. Puppies are not good at fighting dehydration and so I would recommend you have this little one see the vet right away.

Hope everything is ok!

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (18211 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (54221 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (8323 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (11853 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (24234 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (13304 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5435 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7418 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (11208 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (12993 views)