Puppy vomiting with blood.

Breed: chihuahua/ shit-zu
my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her siblings are staring to throw up with a little blood. what could be the cause of this. they are also starting to state the food i give to their mother.

There are several things that can cause a young puppy to vomit. My main concern would be for parvo virus. Parvo is a very serious condition that causes vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Often the vomit or diarrhea can be bloody.

Parvo is always best to be treated by a vet as the puppies have a much higher chance of surviving with IV fluids.

It's also possible that this is a serious parasite problem.

There really is not much that I would recommend at home. Puppies are not good at fighting dehydration and so I would recommend you have this little one see the vet right away.

Hope everything is ok!

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (20926 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15325 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (12195 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (7703 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (14236 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (23569 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (9093 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (7646 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (28148 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (5709 views)