Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing.

Breed: Burmese
My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and sneezed randomly over the past week. He also had diahreer 2 days ago. Aside from this he is acting normal, eating as normal, and is not showing any discomfort. After he had diahreer, I thought it might have been from some meat I gave him (raw cat meat from supermarket), so I threw that meat out. I have been feeding him dry kitten food as well as raw and cooked meat.
I was not too worried but the vomiting this morning has made me a bit concerned.

Sorry to hear that Elliot is not well!

While I can't say for sure without examining him it sounds like he is fighting a virus. Many cats with viruses will have sneezing and possibly vomiting and diarrhea.

However, the new meat could also be the culprit for the vomiting and the diarrhea. If it is, it really should only be temporary. Many cats will get stomach upset for 24-48 hours after eating something new to them.

If the meat was raw, there is a small chance that there is a bacterial problem such as salmonella. This is really uncommon though. Usually animals with salmonella poisoning will be very quiet and not want to eat.

If this is a virus, you may find that the sneezing gets worse. I don't usually do too much for a respiratory virus as long a a cat is eating ok. But if you are noticing a lack of appetite or a green discharge from the eyes or nose then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

One other thought...has he been dewormed? Some kittens can be born with roundworms. Roundworms can cause vomiting and diarrhea and can sometimes go through a stage where they affect the lungs and cause coughing. It's a good idea to talk to your vet about deworming him.

To summarize, as long as little Elliot is bright and alert and wanting to eat then I would just keep an eye on him. If the diarrhea continues for more than 2 days or again, if he doesn't want to eat then it's time to see the vet.

Hope he is feeling better soon!

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (85602 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (172520 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (9300 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (32916 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (29398 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (24164 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8934 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (60744 views)

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (17499 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (11655 views)