Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing.

Breed: Burmese
My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and sneezed randomly over the past week. He also had diahreer 2 days ago. Aside from this he is acting normal, eating as normal, and is not showing any discomfort. After he had diahreer, I thought it might have been from some meat I gave him (raw cat meat from supermarket), so I threw that meat out. I have been feeding him dry kitten food as well as raw and cooked meat.
I was not too worried but the vomiting this morning has made me a bit concerned.

Sorry to hear that Elliot is not well!

While I can't say for sure without examining him it sounds like he is fighting a virus. Many cats with viruses will have sneezing and possibly vomiting and diarrhea.

However, the new meat could also be the culprit for the vomiting and the diarrhea. If it is, it really should only be temporary. Many cats will get stomach upset for 24-48 hours after eating something new to them.

If the meat was raw, there is a small chance that there is a bacterial problem such as salmonella. This is really uncommon though. Usually animals with salmonella poisoning will be very quiet and not want to eat.

If this is a virus, you may find that the sneezing gets worse. I don't usually do too much for a respiratory virus as long a a cat is eating ok. But if you are noticing a lack of appetite or a green discharge from the eyes or nose then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

One other thought...has he been dewormed? Some kittens can be born with roundworms. Roundworms can cause vomiting and diarrhea and can sometimes go through a stage where they affect the lungs and cause coughing. It's a good idea to talk to your vet about deworming him.

To summarize, as long as little Elliot is bright and alert and wanting to eat then I would just keep an eye on him. If the diarrhea continues for more than 2 days or again, if he doesn't want to eat then it's time to see the vet.

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (15620 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (8179 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (20322 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (14413 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (7328 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (12640 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (19669 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (4016 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4001 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (19557 views)