Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing.

Breed: Burmese
My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and sneezed randomly over the past week. He also had diahreer 2 days ago. Aside from this he is acting normal, eating as normal, and is not showing any discomfort. After he had diahreer, I thought it might have been from some meat I gave him (raw cat meat from supermarket), so I threw that meat out. I have been feeding him dry kitten food as well as raw and cooked meat.
I was not too worried but the vomiting this morning has made me a bit concerned.

Sorry to hear that Elliot is not well!

While I can't say for sure without examining him it sounds like he is fighting a virus. Many cats with viruses will have sneezing and possibly vomiting and diarrhea.

However, the new meat could also be the culprit for the vomiting and the diarrhea. If it is, it really should only be temporary. Many cats will get stomach upset for 24-48 hours after eating something new to them.

If the meat was raw, there is a small chance that there is a bacterial problem such as salmonella. This is really uncommon though. Usually animals with salmonella poisoning will be very quiet and not want to eat.

If this is a virus, you may find that the sneezing gets worse. I don't usually do too much for a respiratory virus as long a a cat is eating ok. But if you are noticing a lack of appetite or a green discharge from the eyes or nose then it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

One other thought...has he been dewormed? Some kittens can be born with roundworms. Roundworms can cause vomiting and diarrhea and can sometimes go through a stage where they affect the lungs and cause coughing. It's a good idea to talk to your vet about deworming him.

To summarize, as long as little Elliot is bright and alert and wanting to eat then I would just keep an eye on him. If the diarrhea continues for more than 2 days or again, if he doesn't want to eat then it's time to see the vet.

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (8943 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (8173 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (9332 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15580 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (14096 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (16415 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8575 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (14337 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (22338 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (6915 views)