Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9256 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12067 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (34202 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6807 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7366 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (81701 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (26929 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (14794 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7584 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12194 views)