Sneezing, vomiting, coughing.

Breed: cat
my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard breathing what can it be

Sorry to hear that Buddy is having problems.

While I can't say for sure what is going on, it sounds like you are describing an upper respiratory tract virus. These are quite common in kittens.

Many cats will get over an upper respiratory tract virus on their own similar to us getting over a cold on their own. However, there are a few criteria that would make me want to take him to the vet:

-if he is not eating.
-if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from his eyes or nose.
-if he is really uncomfortable with his breathing.

If you are seeing any of these things then a vet visit is necessary. The vet will possibly prescribe antibiotics and perhaps an amino acid called lysine which will help him fight a virus.

In the meantime, you can encourage him to eat by heating up some canned food which will help to increase the odor and make it more appealing to him. Also, you can run the shower in the bathroom and get the bathroom steamy and then leave him in the room for 10 minutes. Do this a few times per day and this will help loosen up the congestion.

I hope he feels better soon!

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (103943 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (8911 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (12298 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (29759 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (8836 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (13966 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10647 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9567 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (55919 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (32785 views)