Are tomatoes bad for cats?

Breed: Ragdoll
Hi,

My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am cautious to let him have one as I have heard they are poisonous for cats. is this true? can my cat had the odd red cherry tomato??

thanks

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Actually the answer is no! I had a similar question in regards to dogs, but the answer is the same for cats: Are tomatoes bad for dogs?.

The leaves of the tomato plant contain tomatine which can be toxic to the heart, but very large amounts would have to be eaten by a cat or a dog in order to cause toxicity. I have never heard of a cat getting ill because of eating tomatoes.

So, if your cat likes to eat tomatoes, then let her have the odd one!

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (10707 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (7726 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (6996 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (5402 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (32722 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (8300 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (7922 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (25957 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (28722 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (17809 views)