Did I cause my cat's brain injuries?

Breed: cat male
hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he was ok eat food and played with him for a week after. He was asleep on the bed and i say hello to him and put my hand on his head and he cryed like his head was hurt or got a scare.He let me stroke him on the body he was happy.he start to act strange so i bring him to the vet she say all was ok. But then true the next week he hide alot and cryed at other cats at home . Then one day he come back and he could not walk right weakness in front legs crying at other cats he could still eat food and did not cry at me. So my mother bring him back to vet she seen blood in his ear and eyes and say cat had blood on it brain they put the cat to sleep.I was so sad i hope it was not some thing i did slapping him or scare him ; / Vet say it was head trauma or could it have bin stroke / brain tumor / or some thing eles ?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. It sounds like a very sad situation.

It is quite unlikely that the slap to the head a week ago caused the serious symptoms that caused Blacky to need to be euthanized. If you had caused head trauma with bleeding in the ear and bruising on the eye then he would not have been normal and eating well for the whole week.

The most common reason for the symptoms you described would be a very severe trauma such as a run in with a car.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but please know that it sounds very unlikely that this was your fault.

Hi would a cat be still able or feel like eating food after bad head trauma. Weakness in the front legs more on the left and staying low but able to eat food but crying at other cats be a stroke ?

No, I would not expect a cat to eat well after head trauma but then it's hard to say. We don't see many strokes in cats but it is a possibility.

It is also possible that there was a severe inner ear infection. But again, I would not expect a good appetite.

This is a tough situation. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what happened. :(

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (37033 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (8998 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (12459 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (44398 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (27064 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (12522 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12621 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (88124 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (51289 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9374 views)