Did I cause my cat's brain injuries?

Breed: cat male
hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he was ok eat food and played with him for a week after. He was asleep on the bed and i say hello to him and put my hand on his head and he cryed like his head was hurt or got a scare.He let me stroke him on the body he was happy.he start to act strange so i bring him to the vet she say all was ok. But then true the next week he hide alot and cryed at other cats at home . Then one day he come back and he could not walk right weakness in front legs crying at other cats he could still eat food and did not cry at me. So my mother bring him back to vet she seen blood in his ear and eyes and say cat had blood on it brain they put the cat to sleep.I was so sad i hope it was not some thing i did slapping him or scare him ; / Vet say it was head trauma or could it have bin stroke / brain tumor / or some thing eles ?

Oh I am so sorry to hear of this. It sounds like a very sad situation.

It is quite unlikely that the slap to the head a week ago caused the serious symptoms that caused Blacky to need to be euthanized. If you had caused head trauma with bleeding in the ear and bruising on the eye then he would not have been normal and eating well for the whole week.

The most common reason for the symptoms you described would be a very severe trauma such as a run in with a car.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but please know that it sounds very unlikely that this was your fault.

Hi would a cat be still able or feel like eating food after bad head trauma. Weakness in the front legs more on the left and staying low but able to eat food but crying at other cats be a stroke ?

No, I would not expect a cat to eat well after head trauma but then it's hard to say. We don't see many strokes in cats but it is a possibility.

It is also possible that there was a severe inner ear infection. But again, I would not expect a good appetite.

This is a tough situation. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know what happened. :(

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (6981 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (12725 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3973 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (24861 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (9315 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11793 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (8270 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (7369 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (55971 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (4886 views)