Cracked Toe Nail.

Breed: Yorkiepoo
My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I can do at home to treat this & not take him to the vet??

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Charlie's nail.

Sometimes it is possible to hold on to the torn part of the nail and pull it off. However, this can often be painful, so if you are not comfortable attempting this then it is best to have your vet take a look.

Often we will bandage the foot to keep the dog from hurting himself by banging the nail on things.

If you are noticing a discharge from the nail or if the nail bed is looking increasingly more red then it is possible that there is a nail bed infection.

If things are not improving your vet will be able to help him feel better quite quickly.

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (12771 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (8333 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (12018 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (26716 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (24726 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (13522 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (22576 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (9041 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (10192 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (13111 views)