Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (17926 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (8659 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (12136 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10222 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (13387 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (10037 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (6700 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8278 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (5502 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (21064 views)