Intranasal vaccine reaction.

Breed: feline
our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four days and she began sneezeing like crazy she has been sneezing blood for the past three days can i help her? and can she have the vacine again or do i need to get the shot instead and one shot or two rounds? or could this be a reaction to changing her cat food?

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Stars is not feeling well.

The intranasal vaccine for kittens is usually quite safe. But, in rare cases we can get a cat who comes down with an upper respiratory virus after getting the vaccine. Usually though the virus is quite mild.

It's also possible that Stars was harboring a virus and then the stress of the vaccines allowed it to surface.

In either case the best thing to do here is to contact your vet. Many times if a cat has had a reaction to a vaccination the company who makes the vaccination will cover part or all of the costs of treating the cat.

Your vet may be able to prescribe some medication to help with the congestion. They can also determine whether there is some infection present and if so prescribe some antibiotics.

In the meantime, something you can do to help the congestion is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then put Stars in the steamy room for 10 minutes to help loosen up the congestion. You can also try heating up some canned cat food to help make it smellier so she is encouraged to eat.

Most likely she will need to get the injectable vaccine next time and yes, she will likely need a booster as well. This depends on a few factors though so you will need to get your vet's advice on this.

This is definitely not due to changing her food.

Again, I would advise you to call your vet in the morning and hopefully they can help.

I hope little Stars is feeling better soon!

she has no other symptoms except excesive sneezing and blood she is eating fine

It's still a good idea to call your vet just in case the symptoms get worse. It's a good thing that she is still eating!

The other reason to call your vet is that the vaccine company needs to know that she had a reaction. If lots of cats are having reactions then they need to do something about their vaccine.

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (28782 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (12781 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43230 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (8674 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13280 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (17676 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (5299 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (14595 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (32599 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6798 views)