Intranasal vaccine reaction.

Breed: feline
our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four days and she began sneezeing like crazy she has been sneezing blood for the past three days can i help her? and can she have the vacine again or do i need to get the shot instead and one shot or two rounds? or could this be a reaction to changing her cat food?

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Stars is not feeling well.

The intranasal vaccine for kittens is usually quite safe. But, in rare cases we can get a cat who comes down with an upper respiratory virus after getting the vaccine. Usually though the virus is quite mild.

It's also possible that Stars was harboring a virus and then the stress of the vaccines allowed it to surface.

In either case the best thing to do here is to contact your vet. Many times if a cat has had a reaction to a vaccination the company who makes the vaccination will cover part or all of the costs of treating the cat.

Your vet may be able to prescribe some medication to help with the congestion. They can also determine whether there is some infection present and if so prescribe some antibiotics.

In the meantime, something you can do to help the congestion is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then put Stars in the steamy room for 10 minutes to help loosen up the congestion. You can also try heating up some canned cat food to help make it smellier so she is encouraged to eat.

Most likely she will need to get the injectable vaccine next time and yes, she will likely need a booster as well. This depends on a few factors though so you will need to get your vet's advice on this.

This is definitely not due to changing her food.

Again, I would advise you to call your vet in the morning and hopefully they can help.

I hope little Stars is feeling better soon!

she has no other symptoms except excesive sneezing and blood she is eating fine

It's still a good idea to call your vet just in case the symptoms get worse. It's a good thing that she is still eating!

The other reason to call your vet is that the vaccine company needs to know that she had a reaction. If lots of cats are having reactions then they need to do something about their vaccine.

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (8693 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (18088 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (4471 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (7287 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (6871 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (10240 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (46246 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (4290 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (10168 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (17497 views)