Intranasal vaccine reaction.

Breed: feline
our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four days and she began sneezeing like crazy she has been sneezing blood for the past three days can i help her? and can she have the vacine again or do i need to get the shot instead and one shot or two rounds? or could this be a reaction to changing her cat food?

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Stars is not feeling well.

The intranasal vaccine for kittens is usually quite safe. But, in rare cases we can get a cat who comes down with an upper respiratory virus after getting the vaccine. Usually though the virus is quite mild.

It's also possible that Stars was harboring a virus and then the stress of the vaccines allowed it to surface.

In either case the best thing to do here is to contact your vet. Many times if a cat has had a reaction to a vaccination the company who makes the vaccination will cover part or all of the costs of treating the cat.

Your vet may be able to prescribe some medication to help with the congestion. They can also determine whether there is some infection present and if so prescribe some antibiotics.

In the meantime, something you can do to help the congestion is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then put Stars in the steamy room for 10 minutes to help loosen up the congestion. You can also try heating up some canned cat food to help make it smellier so she is encouraged to eat.

Most likely she will need to get the injectable vaccine next time and yes, she will likely need a booster as well. This depends on a few factors though so you will need to get your vet's advice on this.

This is definitely not due to changing her food.

Again, I would advise you to call your vet in the morning and hopefully they can help.

I hope little Stars is feeling better soon!

she has no other symptoms except excesive sneezing and blood she is eating fine

It's still a good idea to call your vet just in case the symptoms get worse. It's a good thing that she is still eating!

The other reason to call your vet is that the vaccine company needs to know that she had a reaction. If lots of cats are having reactions then they need to do something about their vaccine.

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8451 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35550 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19517 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6964 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (17581 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18854 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (7058 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15393 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7940 views)

Dog with bloody stool. Hi, I mistakenly changed my dog's food without mixing which I now know is a big... (12399 views)