Intranasal vaccine reaction.

Breed: feline
our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four days and she began sneezeing like crazy she has been sneezing blood for the past three days can i help her? and can she have the vacine again or do i need to get the shot instead and one shot or two rounds? or could this be a reaction to changing her cat food?

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Stars is not feeling well.

The intranasal vaccine for kittens is usually quite safe. But, in rare cases we can get a cat who comes down with an upper respiratory virus after getting the vaccine. Usually though the virus is quite mild.

It's also possible that Stars was harboring a virus and then the stress of the vaccines allowed it to surface.

In either case the best thing to do here is to contact your vet. Many times if a cat has had a reaction to a vaccination the company who makes the vaccination will cover part or all of the costs of treating the cat.

Your vet may be able to prescribe some medication to help with the congestion. They can also determine whether there is some infection present and if so prescribe some antibiotics.

In the meantime, something you can do to help the congestion is to run the shower and get the bathroom really steamy and then put Stars in the steamy room for 10 minutes to help loosen up the congestion. You can also try heating up some canned cat food to help make it smellier so she is encouraged to eat.

Most likely she will need to get the injectable vaccine next time and yes, she will likely need a booster as well. This depends on a few factors though so you will need to get your vet's advice on this.

This is definitely not due to changing her food.

Again, I would advise you to call your vet in the morning and hopefully they can help.

I hope little Stars is feeling better soon!

she has no other symptoms except excesive sneezing and blood she is eating fine

It's still a good idea to call your vet just in case the symptoms get worse. It's a good thing that she is still eating!

The other reason to call your vet is that the vaccine company needs to know that she had a reaction. If lots of cats are having reactions then they need to do something about their vaccine.

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (42021 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (37763 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (62946 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (16923 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (6871 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (8805 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (24150 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (10535 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (12594 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (17799 views)