Coughing puppy.

Breed: mini schnauzer
My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up
as if she has something stuck in her throat shes eating well,playing and barking but is trying to throw up every 5 min sometimes every 2 min she's even doing it in her sleep.
Is this normal or should i be concerned?

The most common reason for a dog to hack like something is stuck in their throat is a virus such as kennel cough. You can read more about this by clicking here: Kennel Cough

For most dogs they will get over kennel cough on their own but in a young puppy it may be best to have your vet take a look at her.

There are other less likely possibilities such as roundworms. These worms can go through a phase where they affect the lungs. But, the cough is not usually hacking like you have described.

I hope she feels better soon!

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (7235 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (9911 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10275 views)

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (9427 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14476 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (24571 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (22339 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (73111 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (6942 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (18111 views)