Coughing puppy.

Breed: mini schnauzer
My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up
as if she has something stuck in her throat shes eating well,playing and barking but is trying to throw up every 5 min sometimes every 2 min she's even doing it in her sleep.
Is this normal or should i be concerned?

The most common reason for a dog to hack like something is stuck in their throat is a virus such as kennel cough. You can read more about this by clicking here: Kennel Cough

For most dogs they will get over kennel cough on their own but in a young puppy it may be best to have your vet take a look at her.

There are other less likely possibilities such as roundworms. These worms can go through a phase where they affect the lungs. But, the cough is not usually hacking like you have described.

I hope she feels better soon!

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8491 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8554 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (12402 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (18683 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9119 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (7480 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (10928 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (10092 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (29411 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (14884 views)