Coughing puppy.

Breed: mini schnauzer
My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up
as if she has something stuck in her throat shes eating well,playing and barking but is trying to throw up every 5 min sometimes every 2 min she's even doing it in her sleep.
Is this normal or should i be concerned?

The most common reason for a dog to hack like something is stuck in their throat is a virus such as kennel cough. You can read more about this by clicking here: Kennel Cough

For most dogs they will get over kennel cough on their own but in a young puppy it may be best to have your vet take a look at her.

There are other less likely possibilities such as roundworms. These worms can go through a phase where they affect the lungs. But, the cough is not usually hacking like you have described.

I hope she feels better soon!

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (47628 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (13310 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37684 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (13190 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (11241 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6408 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8260 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10800 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35744 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17002 views)