Coughing puppy.

Breed: mini schnauzer
My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up
as if she has something stuck in her throat shes eating well,playing and barking but is trying to throw up every 5 min sometimes every 2 min she's even doing it in her sleep.
Is this normal or should i be concerned?

The most common reason for a dog to hack like something is stuck in their throat is a virus such as kennel cough. You can read more about this by clicking here: Kennel Cough

For most dogs they will get over kennel cough on their own but in a young puppy it may be best to have your vet take a look at her.

There are other less likely possibilities such as roundworms. These worms can go through a phase where they affect the lungs. But, the cough is not usually hacking like you have described.

I hope she feels better soon!

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (6358 views)

Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes. i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard... (8325 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (13305 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (26554 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (9039 views)

Bassett with swollen eyes. I have a 5 year old bassett whos eye swelled up quite a bit this morning. We took... (15673 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (29313 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (11325 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (9839 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (11321 views)