Coughing puppy.

Breed: mini schnauzer
My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up
as if she has something stuck in her throat shes eating well,playing and barking but is trying to throw up every 5 min sometimes every 2 min she's even doing it in her sleep.
Is this normal or should i be concerned?

The most common reason for a dog to hack like something is stuck in their throat is a virus such as kennel cough. You can read more about this by clicking here: Kennel Cough

For most dogs they will get over kennel cough on their own but in a young puppy it may be best to have your vet take a look at her.

There are other less likely possibilities such as roundworms. These worms can go through a phase where they affect the lungs. But, the cough is not usually hacking like you have described.

I hope she feels better soon!

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (9725 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (4830 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5020 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (5960 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (8440 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (8545 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (7602 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (4761 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (9957 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (4601 views)