Female dog humping.

Breed: Red Nose pit bull
My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on top of me. She then humps me and is very rough! While doing this she scratches me so hard that it bleeds sometimes and she bites me very hard! She also tries to rip off my blankets that i have to use to protect my body! She sometimes does this when I'm standing up but everyday when I lay down. She started the humping while in her first heat in September 2011, the month before that she turned one. So she isn't fixed, but I have never seen a female or male dog do this like she does! I have tried everything, including putting her into her kennel just to her off of me! I can't sleep because of this and I need to know how to stop it!! Please please help us!

Most likely having her spayed will solve this problems. It's possible though that she will have developed some bad habits that may persist even after she is spayed.

I would start with having her spayed. If she continues doing this after her surgery then you will likely need to set up a behavioral consult with your vet. They will talk about ways to train her against this behavior and possibly will prescribe some short term medication that could help.

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15434 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (8869 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (47303 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10735 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11482 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (33294 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (14503 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (75474 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8584 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11278 views)