Female dog humping.

Breed: Red Nose pit bull
My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on top of me. She then humps me and is very rough! While doing this she scratches me so hard that it bleeds sometimes and she bites me very hard! She also tries to rip off my blankets that i have to use to protect my body! She sometimes does this when I'm standing up but everyday when I lay down. She started the humping while in her first heat in September 2011, the month before that she turned one. So she isn't fixed, but I have never seen a female or male dog do this like she does! I have tried everything, including putting her into her kennel just to her off of me! I can't sleep because of this and I need to know how to stop it!! Please please help us!

Most likely having her spayed will solve this problems. It's possible though that she will have developed some bad habits that may persist even after she is spayed.

I would start with having her spayed. If she continues doing this after her surgery then you will likely need to set up a behavioral consult with your vet. They will talk about ways to train her against this behavior and possibly will prescribe some short term medication that could help.

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14797 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (22049 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (13881 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (12859 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (11936 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10832 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6691 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (36730 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (110361 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (9455 views)