Female dog humping.

Breed: Red Nose pit bull
My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on top of me. She then humps me and is very rough! While doing this she scratches me so hard that it bleeds sometimes and she bites me very hard! She also tries to rip off my blankets that i have to use to protect my body! She sometimes does this when I'm standing up but everyday when I lay down. She started the humping while in her first heat in September 2011, the month before that she turned one. So she isn't fixed, but I have never seen a female or male dog do this like she does! I have tried everything, including putting her into her kennel just to her off of me! I can't sleep because of this and I need to know how to stop it!! Please please help us!

Most likely having her spayed will solve this problems. It's possible though that she will have developed some bad habits that may persist even after she is spayed.

I would start with having her spayed. If she continues doing this after her surgery then you will likely need to set up a behavioral consult with your vet. They will talk about ways to train her against this behavior and possibly will prescribe some short term medication that could help.

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (6756 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (14784 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (9792 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (17006 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (13445 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (13309 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (13190 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (10750 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (15407 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (77632 views)