Female dog humping.

Breed: Red Nose pit bull
My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on top of me. She then humps me and is very rough! While doing this she scratches me so hard that it bleeds sometimes and she bites me very hard! She also tries to rip off my blankets that i have to use to protect my body! She sometimes does this when I'm standing up but everyday when I lay down. She started the humping while in her first heat in September 2011, the month before that she turned one. So she isn't fixed, but I have never seen a female or male dog do this like she does! I have tried everything, including putting her into her kennel just to her off of me! I can't sleep because of this and I need to know how to stop it!! Please please help us!

Most likely having her spayed will solve this problems. It's possible though that she will have developed some bad habits that may persist even after she is spayed.

I would start with having her spayed. If she continues doing this after her surgery then you will likely need to set up a behavioral consult with your vet. They will talk about ways to train her against this behavior and possibly will prescribe some short term medication that could help.

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (17075 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (5087 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (14403 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (13115 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (67992 views)

White tongue in a kitten. Kitten 6weeks old looks like a 4 week old. Sootie has a white tongue? Is it... (16677 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (18052 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (8712 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (32931 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10068 views)