Gave meds to early.

Breed: Fancy Rat

We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early to our house. She inadvertently gave our fancy rat, Pixel, his doses of prednisone and doxy within 6 hours (or even less) of his previous dose. It states to give them 12-14 hours apart - should we be concerned about an overdose?

Thank you very much,
Courtney

Hi Courtney and thanks for your question.

It's extremely unlikely that any harm has been done. I would skip tonight's dose and continue as normal in the morning.

Doxycycline can sometimes be a little bit irritating to the stomach, so it is possible that there is some mild stomach upset. But, I would be very surprised to see this happen!

Whew! Thanks for the quick reply.
His two close dosages were both for today (and the last one was at about 6PM), so it sounds like he'll be fine to start tomorrow morning.
Thanks again!

You're very welcome and thank you so much for the bonus! You made my day!

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (9904 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (25190 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (20258 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (16580 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (59878 views)

Hydrocode side effect? My dog is a 16-1/2 year old Wheaten who has had two seizures at a groomers. I took... (9550 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (30809 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (11355 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (8936 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (7447 views)