Gave meds to early.

Breed: Fancy Rat

We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early to our house. She inadvertently gave our fancy rat, Pixel, his doses of prednisone and doxy within 6 hours (or even less) of his previous dose. It states to give them 12-14 hours apart - should we be concerned about an overdose?

Thank you very much,
Courtney

Hi Courtney and thanks for your question.

It's extremely unlikely that any harm has been done. I would skip tonight's dose and continue as normal in the morning.

Doxycycline can sometimes be a little bit irritating to the stomach, so it is possible that there is some mild stomach upset. But, I would be very surprised to see this happen!

Whew! Thanks for the quick reply.
His two close dosages were both for today (and the last one was at about 6PM), so it sounds like he'll be fine to start tomorrow morning.
Thanks again!

You're very welcome and thank you so much for the bonus! You made my day!

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (14651 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (14132 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (7059 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (14010 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (24843 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (17110 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (14849 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (17394 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (43890 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (13175 views)