Dog pooped red and black balls.

Breed: Lab mix
My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and black balls in her poop. Can you tell me what she might have eaten and how I can prevent her from getting real sick?

She sure sounds like a lab! Labs will eat almost anything. Labs are the most common breed that we have to do surgery on in order to remove objects that they have eaten that have gotten stuck in their intestines or stomach.

I have no idea what the red and black balls are.

If she is vomiting, not eating or lethargic then you should have your vet examine her and take some xrays.

Related question: My dog eats too fast

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10364 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (4183 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (6584 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (11976 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (16083 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (6150 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (53293 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (4285 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (9213 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (5002 views)