Dog pooped red and black balls.

Breed: Lab mix
My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and black balls in her poop. Can you tell me what she might have eaten and how I can prevent her from getting real sick?

She sure sounds like a lab! Labs will eat almost anything. Labs are the most common breed that we have to do surgery on in order to remove objects that they have eaten that have gotten stuck in their intestines or stomach.

I have no idea what the red and black balls are.

If she is vomiting, not eating or lethargic then you should have your vet examine her and take some xrays.

Related question: My dog eats too fast

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (22357 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (8627 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (8280 views)

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (21622 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (9987 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (14275 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (9588 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (26354 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (9166 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (15435 views)