Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (30945 views)

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (13667 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (12114 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (10950 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30748 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (300376 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (17675 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7601 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (39566 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (11964 views)