Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (12864 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (30530 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (13674 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (29926 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (10880 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (8130 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (50010 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (8636 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (16865 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (10058 views)