Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (45552 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9174 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5278 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (5785 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (7087 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (6685 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (20155 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10463 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (7338 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7200 views)