Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (19593 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6630 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (16885 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24752 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (39519 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28870 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (10017 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21350 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (34686 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33038 views)