Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (19773 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (31063 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (51405 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (14827 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (10558 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (24164 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9033 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (14938 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (8761 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (7858 views)