Vomiting and balance issues.

Breed: shepard/doberman mix
my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is solid and urine is normal. she has ate a little bit. she has kept that down since she has ate.

Hi Patricia....sorry to hear that Jessica is not well. There are a few things that could be causing these symptoms. One of the more common is a problem called geriatric vestibular disease. This causes disorentation and often nausea. You can read more by cutting and pasting this link into your browser: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=564

The good news is that most dogs with this condition recover on their own within a few days to weeks and are totally fine. I usually will prescribe some anti-nausea meds which help get them through the first few days so you may want to talk to your vet about that. There is no over the counter anti-nausea med that is recommended.

There are other conditions such as a brain tumor or a stroke, but these are much less common.

I hope she does ok!

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (11379 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (11870 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (41473 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (23709 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (11344 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (97683 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (51215 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (68127 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (17270 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (13861 views)