Hamster escaping out lid.

Breed: syrain
hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten through the top lid plastic clips, and when i chews the bars the lid lifts up and my mum's very worried he will escape ive taken out hes wheel so he can't climb up to the lid but im still very worried about him escapeing out the hole on the top of he's wheel have you got any surgestions?

Hi and thanks for your question.

Hamsters can be quite resourceful and are very good at escaping if their cages are not well secured.

If the clips that hold the lid closed are chewed through then you may need to get yourself a new cage. You may want to try something different than a rody cage such as a cage with wire bars and a more secure latch.

It's hard for me to say without seeing your cage but you could potentially put a heavy book over the lid to keep him from escaping (as long as this doesn't lessen his air supply.)

But, it sounds to me like you may need a new cage!

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (22649 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (22104 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (11793 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (53586 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (3448 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (7589 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (5028 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (5403 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (9279 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (9932 views)