Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (11991 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (12414 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (17179 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (16111 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (10822 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (11995 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (40627 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (43852 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (11092 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (17045 views)