Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18520 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (10163 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (31988 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (21475 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9685 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8207 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19010 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8418 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5104 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4441 views)