Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (10217 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (6592 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (10910 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (11733 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (13810 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (29977 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (6682 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (2601 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (14814 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (7200 views)