Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13496 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68073 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (14474 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11747 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7779 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5617 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (55275 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8795 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15986 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (5556 views)