Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (7383 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (11121 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (484082 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (5444 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (3705 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (78283 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (5740 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (7124 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (24225 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (10003 views)