Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (8507 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (10363 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (10381 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16495 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (28995 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (11407 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (7584 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (10505 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (20865 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (46724 views)