Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (42408 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (18992 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8413 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (12967 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (20383 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9265 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (37744 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (12871 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (4690 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (40174 views)