Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9283 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (11823 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (27178 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9060 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (11833 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4446 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (171612 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (20765 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (30965 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14047 views)