Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (6339 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (12174 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (15967 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (29914 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (31171 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (8855 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (7014 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (12466 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (9326 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (11816 views)