Dog pees in the house.

Breed: Daschound
Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out several times a day and before I go to work. I am gone from 3-4 hrs. At night he aleeps all night and doesn't ask to go out. Am wondering if this is separation anxiety.

While this could be related to separation anxiety, it's not the normal thing that dogs with separation anxiety do.

Most dogs with separation anxiety will have destructive behaviors like chewing things that they shouldn't.

I would highly advise that you have your vet examine some urine to make sure that he doesn't have a problem like an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

Is he neutered? If not, then having him neutered should solve the problem.

If the tests come back normal then you may want to keep him in a crate when you go out. Most dogs will not urinate in a crate as long as it is not too large.

I hope things look up soon!

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4334 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9470 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (4901 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (22629 views)

Cat is sneezing a lot. I have a two year old cat. I adopted her from a shelter last December. When I... (28819 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (4136 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (6614 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8402 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (25138 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (10712 views)