Poop caked on bum.

Breed: Chow chow
I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is cloged up with feces. I proceded to clean it, but he wouldn't let me. I examined it again and saw that his anus is pink and red.

I let him out of his cage and he rubed his face against a wall and proceded to chew on rocks. It also took him a long time to poop can you please help me!?!?

I have seen a number of dogs with problems like this.

By far the best thing I can recommend is to have either your vet or a groomer clean the area for you. It is really hard to clean up this kind of mess. It's probably best to have the vet do it because they can tell if there is a skin infection underneath. The vet can also help treat any intestinal inflammation that could be there and possibly causing diarrhea.

What we usually do to clean a mess like this is use good quality clippers to clip the hair and stool away. It is a very messy job and you have to be careful because the skin underneath will be sore. Then we usually do a lukewarm stream of water on the shaved area to help clean it.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4823 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (6541 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12374 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15215 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (14702 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13050 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (8660 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (9580 views)

Keep ringworm positive cat secluded? Hello. My vet thought my cat caught ringworm from another cat who had it. He had... (4809 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (19107 views)