Poop caked on bum.

Breed: Chow chow
I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is cloged up with feces. I proceded to clean it, but he wouldn't let me. I examined it again and saw that his anus is pink and red.

I let him out of his cage and he rubed his face against a wall and proceded to chew on rocks. It also took him a long time to poop can you please help me!?!?

I have seen a number of dogs with problems like this.

By far the best thing I can recommend is to have either your vet or a groomer clean the area for you. It is really hard to clean up this kind of mess. It's probably best to have the vet do it because they can tell if there is a skin infection underneath. The vet can also help treat any intestinal inflammation that could be there and possibly causing diarrhea.

What we usually do to clean a mess like this is use good quality clippers to clip the hair and stool away. It is a very messy job and you have to be careful because the skin underneath will be sore. Then we usually do a lukewarm stream of water on the shaved area to help clean it.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Not eating and vomiting. Our Dog won't eat and drinks very little if any. Friday last weekend Harper's... (21893 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (13525 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (49197 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (19527 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (46679 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (13342 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (17066 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (22929 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (17831 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (12169 views)