Poop caked on bum.

Breed: Chow chow
I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is cloged up with feces. I proceded to clean it, but he wouldn't let me. I examined it again and saw that his anus is pink and red.

I let him out of his cage and he rubed his face against a wall and proceded to chew on rocks. It also took him a long time to poop can you please help me!?!?

I have seen a number of dogs with problems like this.

By far the best thing I can recommend is to have either your vet or a groomer clean the area for you. It is really hard to clean up this kind of mess. It's probably best to have the vet do it because they can tell if there is a skin infection underneath. The vet can also help treat any intestinal inflammation that could be there and possibly causing diarrhea.

What we usually do to clean a mess like this is use good quality clippers to clip the hair and stool away. It is a very messy job and you have to be careful because the skin underneath will be sore. Then we usually do a lukewarm stream of water on the shaved area to help clean it.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (13098 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21849 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (5295 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8812 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (19079 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (14676 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14408 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (42245 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (23411 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (46290 views)