Poop caked on bum.

Breed: Chow chow
I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is cloged up with feces. I proceded to clean it, but he wouldn't let me. I examined it again and saw that his anus is pink and red.

I let him out of his cage and he rubed his face against a wall and proceded to chew on rocks. It also took him a long time to poop can you please help me!?!?

I have seen a number of dogs with problems like this.

By far the best thing I can recommend is to have either your vet or a groomer clean the area for you. It is really hard to clean up this kind of mess. It's probably best to have the vet do it because they can tell if there is a skin infection underneath. The vet can also help treat any intestinal inflammation that could be there and possibly causing diarrhea.

What we usually do to clean a mess like this is use good quality clippers to clip the hair and stool away. It is a very messy job and you have to be careful because the skin underneath will be sore. Then we usually do a lukewarm stream of water on the shaved area to help clean it.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15335 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (15984 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (33090 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (7794 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13086 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (11168 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (44529 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13272 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (6283 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (13176 views)