Poop caked on bum.

Breed: Chow chow
I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is cloged up with feces. I proceded to clean it, but he wouldn't let me. I examined it again and saw that his anus is pink and red.

I let him out of his cage and he rubed his face against a wall and proceded to chew on rocks. It also took him a long time to poop can you please help me!?!?

I have seen a number of dogs with problems like this.

By far the best thing I can recommend is to have either your vet or a groomer clean the area for you. It is really hard to clean up this kind of mess. It's probably best to have the vet do it because they can tell if there is a skin infection underneath. The vet can also help treat any intestinal inflammation that could be there and possibly causing diarrhea.

What we usually do to clean a mess like this is use good quality clippers to clip the hair and stool away. It is a very messy job and you have to be careful because the skin underneath will be sore. Then we usually do a lukewarm stream of water on the shaved area to help clean it.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (88312 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4093 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (5325 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (31195 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (14837 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (9912 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (7359 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (225261 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (18143 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (14919 views)