Dwarf hamsters fighting.

Breed: chineese dwarf hamst
HI DOC. ,
I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY YOUNG AGE . THEY HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN ALONG,BUT,THEY ARE SUDDENLY STARTING TO FIGHT . THEY ARE ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD NOW . ITS SOUNDS CRAZY,BUT, MY WIFE AND I HAVE GOTTEN VERRY CLOST TO THESE LITTLE GIRLS AND DONT WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO THEM .
WHY ARE THE FIGHTING ? AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP IT ?
WE KEEP THEM CLEAN AND REARRANGE THERE CAGE OFTEN SO THEY DONT GET BORED . WE ALSO LET THEM RUN AROUND IN THERE OWN LITTLE BALLS . .. IF YOU COULD HELP WE WOULD BE MOST THANKFULL. WE LOST OUR HOME DUE TO THE ECONOMY AND HAD TO GIVE UP OUR DOGS . THEY HAVE GREAT HOMES BUT, WE WANT TO KEEP OUR CHINEESE HAMSTERS HAPPY .. PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU ... JOE AND CONNIE ROBINSON

It's definitely not crazy to develop a bond with hamsters! They are a part of your family.

Of all the different breeds of hamsters, female dwarf hamsters tend to be the ones who get along with each other the best.

However, once hamsters start to fight they usually need to be separated. It's hard to say why they just started fighting now.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. You may want to try getting a larger cage and making sure that there are several hiding spots in the cage so that they can have time apart when necessary.

Another option is to keep them in separate cages. This is probably the best option. Once hamsters start getting aggressive they can sometimes fight to the point of killing each other.

I hope things improve soon!

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (11055 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (8409 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (14480 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (7546 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (5327 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (93428 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54785 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (8016 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (19604 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (14790 views)