Dwarf hamsters fighting.

Breed: chineese dwarf hamst
HI DOC. ,
I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY YOUNG AGE . THEY HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN ALONG,BUT,THEY ARE SUDDENLY STARTING TO FIGHT . THEY ARE ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD NOW . ITS SOUNDS CRAZY,BUT, MY WIFE AND I HAVE GOTTEN VERRY CLOST TO THESE LITTLE GIRLS AND DONT WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO THEM .
WHY ARE THE FIGHTING ? AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP IT ?
WE KEEP THEM CLEAN AND REARRANGE THERE CAGE OFTEN SO THEY DONT GET BORED . WE ALSO LET THEM RUN AROUND IN THERE OWN LITTLE BALLS . .. IF YOU COULD HELP WE WOULD BE MOST THANKFULL. WE LOST OUR HOME DUE TO THE ECONOMY AND HAD TO GIVE UP OUR DOGS . THEY HAVE GREAT HOMES BUT, WE WANT TO KEEP OUR CHINEESE HAMSTERS HAPPY .. PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU ... JOE AND CONNIE ROBINSON

It's definitely not crazy to develop a bond with hamsters! They are a part of your family.

Of all the different breeds of hamsters, female dwarf hamsters tend to be the ones who get along with each other the best.

However, once hamsters start to fight they usually need to be separated. It's hard to say why they just started fighting now.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. You may want to try getting a larger cage and making sure that there are several hiding spots in the cage so that they can have time apart when necessary.

Another option is to keep them in separate cages. This is probably the best option. Once hamsters start getting aggressive they can sometimes fight to the point of killing each other.

I hope things improve soon!

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (20339 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (15870 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (9862 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (17615 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (22011 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (5405 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (147327 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (7200 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (10369 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (17129 views)