Dwarf hamsters fighting.

Breed: chineese dwarf hamst
HI DOC. ,
I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY YOUNG AGE . THEY HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN ALONG,BUT,THEY ARE SUDDENLY STARTING TO FIGHT . THEY ARE ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD NOW . ITS SOUNDS CRAZY,BUT, MY WIFE AND I HAVE GOTTEN VERRY CLOST TO THESE LITTLE GIRLS AND DONT WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO THEM .
WHY ARE THE FIGHTING ? AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP IT ?
WE KEEP THEM CLEAN AND REARRANGE THERE CAGE OFTEN SO THEY DONT GET BORED . WE ALSO LET THEM RUN AROUND IN THERE OWN LITTLE BALLS . .. IF YOU COULD HELP WE WOULD BE MOST THANKFULL. WE LOST OUR HOME DUE TO THE ECONOMY AND HAD TO GIVE UP OUR DOGS . THEY HAVE GREAT HOMES BUT, WE WANT TO KEEP OUR CHINEESE HAMSTERS HAPPY .. PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU ... JOE AND CONNIE ROBINSON

It's definitely not crazy to develop a bond with hamsters! They are a part of your family.

Of all the different breeds of hamsters, female dwarf hamsters tend to be the ones who get along with each other the best.

However, once hamsters start to fight they usually need to be separated. It's hard to say why they just started fighting now.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. You may want to try getting a larger cage and making sure that there are several hiding spots in the cage so that they can have time apart when necessary.

Another option is to keep them in separate cages. This is probably the best option. Once hamsters start getting aggressive they can sometimes fight to the point of killing each other.

I hope things improve soon!

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (8331 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (14741 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (16428 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4533 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (7749 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8444 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12511 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (9491 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10622 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (15116 views)