Dwarf hamsters fighting.

Breed: chineese dwarf hamst
HI DOC. ,
I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY YOUNG AGE . THEY HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN ALONG,BUT,THEY ARE SUDDENLY STARTING TO FIGHT . THEY ARE ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD NOW . ITS SOUNDS CRAZY,BUT, MY WIFE AND I HAVE GOTTEN VERRY CLOST TO THESE LITTLE GIRLS AND DONT WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO THEM .
WHY ARE THE FIGHTING ? AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP IT ?
WE KEEP THEM CLEAN AND REARRANGE THERE CAGE OFTEN SO THEY DONT GET BORED . WE ALSO LET THEM RUN AROUND IN THERE OWN LITTLE BALLS . .. IF YOU COULD HELP WE WOULD BE MOST THANKFULL. WE LOST OUR HOME DUE TO THE ECONOMY AND HAD TO GIVE UP OUR DOGS . THEY HAVE GREAT HOMES BUT, WE WANT TO KEEP OUR CHINEESE HAMSTERS HAPPY .. PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU ... JOE AND CONNIE ROBINSON

It's definitely not crazy to develop a bond with hamsters! They are a part of your family.

Of all the different breeds of hamsters, female dwarf hamsters tend to be the ones who get along with each other the best.

However, once hamsters start to fight they usually need to be separated. It's hard to say why they just started fighting now.

It sounds like you are doing the right things. You may want to try getting a larger cage and making sure that there are several hiding spots in the cage so that they can have time apart when necessary.

Another option is to keep them in separate cages. This is probably the best option. Once hamsters start getting aggressive they can sometimes fight to the point of killing each other.

I hope things improve soon!

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8246 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10894 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (45337 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4934 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (13831 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (24805 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7554 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (46041 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (7852 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11408 views)