Did my cat suffer?

Breed: Shorthair
Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend found him the next morning around the corner of our neighbor's house.
He had been hit by a car.
He seemed not to have tried to move after being hit. The blood vessels in his ears all burst, he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose and mouth. Blood had also shot out of all of his claws. Although his body hadn't ruptured I saw a red line of blood running from his upper chest down to his pelvis.

My question is how long do you think he might have suffered before he died? Or was it instantaneous? Does the bleeding out mean that if he was alive after the car hit him, would he most likely have been unconscious?

Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think if he suffered alone by himself for a long time.

Oh the poor guy. It sounds like he had significant head trauma if he had blood in his ears and eyes. If this was the case then he would have been knocked unconscious before he died and as such would not have been aware of anything.

We'll never know for certain but I think the chances that he could have been still alive after a hit like this and also be conscious for any length of time is extremely small.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (9553 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (14962 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (7937 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (9550 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7221 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (17993 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (10974 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (86745 views)

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (10648 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4272 views)