Did my cat suffer?

Breed: Shorthair
Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend found him the next morning around the corner of our neighbor's house.
He had been hit by a car.
He seemed not to have tried to move after being hit. The blood vessels in his ears all burst, he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose and mouth. Blood had also shot out of all of his claws. Although his body hadn't ruptured I saw a red line of blood running from his upper chest down to his pelvis.

My question is how long do you think he might have suffered before he died? Or was it instantaneous? Does the bleeding out mean that if he was alive after the car hit him, would he most likely have been unconscious?

Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think if he suffered alone by himself for a long time.

Oh the poor guy. It sounds like he had significant head trauma if he had blood in his ears and eyes. If this was the case then he would have been knocked unconscious before he died and as such would not have been aware of anything.

We'll never know for certain but I think the chances that he could have been still alive after a hit like this and also be conscious for any length of time is extremely small.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (12188 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13232 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (12958 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (8214 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (21270 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (62124 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (9495 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (17242 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5199 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (26151 views)