Did my cat suffer?

Breed: Shorthair
Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend found him the next morning around the corner of our neighbor's house.
He had been hit by a car.
He seemed not to have tried to move after being hit. The blood vessels in his ears all burst, he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose and mouth. Blood had also shot out of all of his claws. Although his body hadn't ruptured I saw a red line of blood running from his upper chest down to his pelvis.

My question is how long do you think he might have suffered before he died? Or was it instantaneous? Does the bleeding out mean that if he was alive after the car hit him, would he most likely have been unconscious?

Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think if he suffered alone by himself for a long time.

Oh the poor guy. It sounds like he had significant head trauma if he had blood in his ears and eyes. If this was the case then he would have been knocked unconscious before he died and as such would not have been aware of anything.

We'll never know for certain but I think the chances that he could have been still alive after a hit like this and also be conscious for any length of time is extremely small.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4575 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (25647 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (7905 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15109 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (28222 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (11240 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (29365 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9111 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6475 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26976 views)