Did my cat suffer?

Breed: Shorthair
Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend found him the next morning around the corner of our neighbor's house.
He had been hit by a car.
He seemed not to have tried to move after being hit. The blood vessels in his ears all burst, he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose and mouth. Blood had also shot out of all of his claws. Although his body hadn't ruptured I saw a red line of blood running from his upper chest down to his pelvis.

My question is how long do you think he might have suffered before he died? Or was it instantaneous? Does the bleeding out mean that if he was alive after the car hit him, would he most likely have been unconscious?

Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think if he suffered alone by himself for a long time.

Oh the poor guy. It sounds like he had significant head trauma if he had blood in his ears and eyes. If this was the case then he would have been knocked unconscious before he died and as such would not have been aware of anything.

We'll never know for certain but I think the chances that he could have been still alive after a hit like this and also be conscious for any length of time is extremely small.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (21711 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (10331 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (7827 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (40618 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (13447 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (14557 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (15482 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (77661 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (8509 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (6812 views)