Did my cat suffer?

Breed: Shorthair
Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend found him the next morning around the corner of our neighbor's house.
He had been hit by a car.
He seemed not to have tried to move after being hit. The blood vessels in his ears all burst, he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose and mouth. Blood had also shot out of all of his claws. Although his body hadn't ruptured I saw a red line of blood running from his upper chest down to his pelvis.

My question is how long do you think he might have suffered before he died? Or was it instantaneous? Does the bleeding out mean that if he was alive after the car hit him, would he most likely have been unconscious?

Thank you. It just breaks my heart to think if he suffered alone by himself for a long time.

Oh the poor guy. It sounds like he had significant head trauma if he had blood in his ears and eyes. If this was the case then he would have been knocked unconscious before he died and as such would not have been aware of anything.

We'll never know for certain but I think the chances that he could have been still alive after a hit like this and also be conscious for any length of time is extremely small.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (12310 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (10004 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (8971 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (75841 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (31839 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9568 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (44723 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6808 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (46391 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (13667 views)