Good cat foods.

Breed: Shorthair
Hi Dr.!

I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new house we moved in. She's been with me for less than a month now.We used to feed her table scraps but since she's becoming more loved I'm thinking of buying her commercial cat food.
However, I'm not sure which brand to buy. Further, I have no idea how much nutritional value does a cat need. As of now, Friskies and Whiskas are the most apparent,but I have to make sure they meet my cats nutrional needs. How should I know? Thank you!

It's hard to know which cat foods are good ones. You can't tell much by reading the label.

Friskies and Whiskas are not good quality foods. Cats that I see on these foods consistently have a poor coat. I have seen many male cats get urinary tract disease on these foods.

I am a fan of Iams, Science Diet and Royal Canin.

I don't usually recommend holistic or organic foods. There are some good ones out there but many are not any better than the ones I mentioned above.

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14130 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (4919 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (14701 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (11681 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (9357 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (4698 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (9540 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10130 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (13176 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (27296 views)