Good cat foods.

Breed: Shorthair
Hi Dr.!

I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new house we moved in. She's been with me for less than a month now.We used to feed her table scraps but since she's becoming more loved I'm thinking of buying her commercial cat food.
However, I'm not sure which brand to buy. Further, I have no idea how much nutritional value does a cat need. As of now, Friskies and Whiskas are the most apparent,but I have to make sure they meet my cats nutrional needs. How should I know? Thank you!

It's hard to know which cat foods are good ones. You can't tell much by reading the label.

Friskies and Whiskas are not good quality foods. Cats that I see on these foods consistently have a poor coat. I have seen many male cats get urinary tract disease on these foods.

I am a fan of Iams, Science Diet and Royal Canin.

I don't usually recommend holistic or organic foods. There are some good ones out there but many are not any better than the ones I mentioned above.

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (11505 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8910 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (12222 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7736 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (12355 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (8359 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (9316 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (39533 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (23968 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6279 views)