Using elastic to remove lump.

Breed: Boerbull
Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended to put her out but we could not. However, she is alive, full of energy,behave normal, have No pain, is as normal as she used to be before.

My question is:

She has grown a big hump on her rear tit over the 2 years,can I put a sheep elastic over the hump to "remove" it. I am a farmer and do it with sheep tails every day.

It only looks ugly but is not bothering her at all. Not licking it or anything. Otherwise, she is Completely healthy .

Please do not put an elastic over this lump to remove it. This would be considered cruelty to animals. I have seen people been charged with criminal charges after doing something like this to a dog.

You really should have your vet evaluate the lump. If they suspect it is cancerous they can remove it under an anesthetic.

Many mammary lumps are not cancerous at all so it may be nothing to worry about.

There is no at home treatment that you can do for this.

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (6477 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (11775 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (8365 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (13044 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (5362 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (21962 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (8122 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (13801 views)

Liver disease and diarrhea? Hi Dr. Marie My 11 y.o. Boston Andi (about 14 pounds) has been a healthy girl all... (3329 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (5595 views)