Cat has scabs on neck.

Breed: Short Hair Tabby
Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly started about 3 weeks ago. He now has scabs all over his neck and head from scratching I suppose. I put a moon collar on him to make him stop scratching.. and as soon as I take it off he starts right back up again. I checked for fleas and even gave him a bath.. NOTHING has helped.. any suggestions? He is eating and drinking, no vomitting. Thanks!

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to scratch like this.

Fleas are still possible, even if you're not seeing them. Read this article on fleas for more information.

It's also possible that TJ has some kind of steroid responsive dermatitis. There are several conditions such as eosinophilic granuloma, eosinophilic plaque, or idiopathic ulcerative dermatitis that usually go away once the cat has received a steroid injection from the vet. Sometimes two injections, two weeks apart are necessary.

Food allergies can be a component, but it's unlikely that a food allergy on its own would do this.

Another possibility is ringworm which is a fungal condition.

In any case it sounds like poor TJ really needs to see a vet. Hope everything is ok!

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (27023 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (13319 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (19068 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (28011 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (16495 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (9493 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (26563 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (19628 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (11568 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (17212 views)