Cat has scabs on neck.

Breed: Short Hair Tabby
Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly started about 3 weeks ago. He now has scabs all over his neck and head from scratching I suppose. I put a moon collar on him to make him stop scratching.. and as soon as I take it off he starts right back up again. I checked for fleas and even gave him a bath.. NOTHING has helped.. any suggestions? He is eating and drinking, no vomitting. Thanks!

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to scratch like this.

Fleas are still possible, even if you're not seeing them. Read this article on fleas for more information.

It's also possible that TJ has some kind of steroid responsive dermatitis. There are several conditions such as eosinophilic granuloma, eosinophilic plaque, or idiopathic ulcerative dermatitis that usually go away once the cat has received a steroid injection from the vet. Sometimes two injections, two weeks apart are necessary.

Food allergies can be a component, but it's unlikely that a food allergy on its own would do this.

Another possibility is ringworm which is a fungal condition.

In any case it sounds like poor TJ really needs to see a vet. Hope everything is ok!

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (9334 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (21753 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11538 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (12543 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (50354 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (5147 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12756 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12832 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (21894 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12835 views)