Dog chewing feet.

Breed: irishwolfhound/lab m
I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart problem. Baer has never done this before, but I've noticed him doing if lately. Do I need to worry.

Dogs do not chew their paws because of a heart problem. I'm not sure where you heard this but there is no known medical connection between heart conditions and chewing the feet!

The most common reason for a dog to chew at his feet is because of allergies.

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (20563 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (50915 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (25490 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (11984 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (13557 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (18928 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (12004 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (58111 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (21894 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (10321 views)