Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11301 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (14096 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (41090 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (22330 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (10734 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (43484 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (13212 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9291 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (6879 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23523 views)