Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9250 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (9093 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (16589 views)

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (104123 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (38731 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (28500 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (7991 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (9643 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9075 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (13021 views)