Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (5838 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (14514 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (13076 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (16360 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7831 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (9195 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6217 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (11276 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11887 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (25368 views)