Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5962 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (46623 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (16385 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6130 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (13580 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (15707 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (7600 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (10970 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (5588 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10716 views)