Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6324 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (8893 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9149 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (27946 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10340 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7202 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (22081 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (22599 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (6406 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (17454 views)