Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (7652 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (14317 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (28662 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4771 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13235 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (25567 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (35865 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (6668 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (25004 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (28594 views)