Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (41985 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (9512 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (10186 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (69683 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (16086 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (9105 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (7706 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (9806 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (28348 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (9087 views)