Lentigo?

Breed: grey and white strip
My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look like large weirdly shaped dark freckles and im pretty sure they have not been there forever. Merlin did get ear mites and was cured. Could this be caused by ear mites or is there an underlying cause?

This is a tough one to answer without seeing Merlin.

If these look like freckles they could indeed be that. Some cats can get something called lentigo that can cause black spots on the skin.

As long as these spots are not raised or bothering him I wouldn't be worried. But if they are, then a vet visit is best.

They are not likely to be related to the ear mites.

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (14974 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (45252 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (7825 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (9986 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (6814 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (13091 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (7013 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (9145 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (9828 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8850 views)