Hole on puppy's head.

Breed: German Shepherd
My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a hole on the top of its head filled with blood and with one eye open. What's wrong with it and what should I do?

Sorry to hear that this has happened! It sounds like this puppy has been born with some congenital (birth defects).

Unfortunately this is a tough one to give you much advice on without examining the little one.

It does sound like a vet visit is necessary. Unfortunately, often when there is a congenital defect there are more problems. There is a possibility that this pup won't survive.

Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas? hello dr. marie, bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz... (11349 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (12499 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8800 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (25392 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (24555 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (15707 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (13909 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (28244 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (43287 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (77029 views)