Hole on puppy's head.

Breed: German Shepherd
My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a hole on the top of its head filled with blood and with one eye open. What's wrong with it and what should I do?

Sorry to hear that this has happened! It sounds like this puppy has been born with some congenital (birth defects).

Unfortunately this is a tough one to give you much advice on without examining the little one.

It does sound like a vet visit is necessary. Unfortunately, often when there is a congenital defect there are more problems. There is a possibility that this pup won't survive.

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (11572 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5678 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (10973 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (23247 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (19931 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (9590 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (13514 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (11755 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (10237 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (10897 views)