Hole on puppy's head.

Breed: German Shepherd
My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a hole on the top of its head filled with blood and with one eye open. What's wrong with it and what should I do?

Sorry to hear that this has happened! It sounds like this puppy has been born with some congenital (birth defects).

Unfortunately this is a tough one to give you much advice on without examining the little one.

It does sound like a vet visit is necessary. Unfortunately, often when there is a congenital defect there are more problems. There is a possibility that this pup won't survive.

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (13548 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (10199 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4609 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21219 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (90470 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (14713 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (48709 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18685 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7534 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (8150 views)