Hole on puppy's head.

Breed: German Shepherd
My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a hole on the top of its head filled with blood and with one eye open. What's wrong with it and what should I do?

Sorry to hear that this has happened! It sounds like this puppy has been born with some congenital (birth defects).

Unfortunately this is a tough one to give you much advice on without examining the little one.

It does sound like a vet visit is necessary. Unfortunately, often when there is a congenital defect there are more problems. There is a possibility that this pup won't survive.

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5496 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (24855 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (30424 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (17765 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (12393 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5754 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (40186 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (21579 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (11317 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (8281 views)