Hole on puppy's head.

Breed: German Shepherd
My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a hole on the top of its head filled with blood and with one eye open. What's wrong with it and what should I do?

Sorry to hear that this has happened! It sounds like this puppy has been born with some congenital (birth defects).

Unfortunately this is a tough one to give you much advice on without examining the little one.

It does sound like a vet visit is necessary. Unfortunately, often when there is a congenital defect there are more problems. There is a possibility that this pup won't survive.

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9851 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (16634 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (6788 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (9722 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (20347 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5706 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (46014 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11018 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (38947 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (19249 views)