Rabbit euthanasia questions.

Breed: mini lop rabbit
I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to put her asleep and then injected her with a solution. Is that a sure thing? I keep thinking she was buried alive. Is that even possible? This thought is killing me. Putting her down was hard enough now I keep thinking this. Please help.

I'm sorry to hear about your bunny.

What you are describing, with having doubts about her death seems to be a very normal thing for people to think. I often have to counsel my clients and assure them that yes, we did know 100% that the animal was put to sleep.

The method you described for euthanasia is very standard for rabbits. We administer a gas anesthetic and then give an injection (either intravenously or directly into the heart) that works to stop the heart.

The medicine always works. You do not need to worry that Macy was not deceased.

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (19688 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (8494 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (11200 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (9029 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (27967 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5987 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (15364 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (12047 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (6253 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (10441 views)