Rabbit euthanasia questions.

Breed: mini lop rabbit
I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to put her asleep and then injected her with a solution. Is that a sure thing? I keep thinking she was buried alive. Is that even possible? This thought is killing me. Putting her down was hard enough now I keep thinking this. Please help.

I'm sorry to hear about your bunny.

What you are describing, with having doubts about her death seems to be a very normal thing for people to think. I often have to counsel my clients and assure them that yes, we did know 100% that the animal was put to sleep.

The method you described for euthanasia is very standard for rabbits. We administer a gas anesthetic and then give an injection (either intravenously or directly into the heart) that works to stop the heart.

The medicine always works. You do not need to worry that Macy was not deceased.

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (25228 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7872 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (23130 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (19307 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (37036 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (14347 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (15083 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (8207 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4877 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (22907 views)