Sore neck

Breed: Chinese Crested Powd

You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another question. Jack just turned 11, he's very healthy and had a vet checkup about 3 weeks ago and got a clean bill of health.

However, last night he seemed very lethargic and I thought I saw him limping outisde. When I picked him up before bed, he briefly wimpered.

This morning he was sleeping on the couch and when I came over to greet him, I moved him and he wimpered. So I started testing things out. Straightening out his legs, massaging his back, etc. trying to find what was bothering him. When I moved his head to the right, he wimpered again as if something was hurting his neck.

However, he went outside then came in to eat and was jumping up and down for treats and had a huge burst of energy so I left for work.

He takes tick and heartworm meds every month so I'm not sure that it could be Lyme disease. But could he have gotten a bite or a bruise or a bee sting? Hmmm....

Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear that Jack may be not feeling well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Jack.

It certainly is possible that Jack has some neck pain. Lyme disease would not be the most likely cause of this in my opinion though. It's more likely to be some type of a muscle strain. A sore neck can definitely cause limping as well in a front leg.

Sometimes neck problems can be more severe than just muscular and can be fairly serious. If he is still sore after 24 hours, or if you feel like it is getting significantly worse then I would have your vet take a look. They can make sure there are no neurological symptoms. In other words they want to make sure that Jack's spinal cord is ok. If they do feel that it is just a muscular issue with his neck then they can give you anti-inflammatory medication that really should help.

I hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (18041 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (23039 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (13278 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (29062 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (54627 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (35038 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (9321 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (25768 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (61014 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (6462 views)