Cloudy eye with blood.

Breed: dalmatian shepherd m
My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There appears to be slight clouding as well. I do have photos of the eye as well which I will send and he has been scratching uncontrollably. The eye was swollen and that seems to have gone down, but when that happened the redness seemed to spread. I will send the photos separately to the email below. I will title it "dexter's eye".

Sorry to hear that Dexter is having problems with his eye. Thank you for sending these excellent photos:

uveitis
uveitis

While I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet I can tell you that this looks like something that warrants a veterinary visit right away. There is inflammation inside of the eye which makes it look like a condition called uveitis. Sometimes we don't know the cause of uveitis. It can sometimes be a sign that there is something very serious going on systemically. It can also be the result of an injury.

Your vet will do some tests to determine if the eye is scratched or if there are other signs of uveitis and will probably give you some medication to help to heal this. They may also want to do some blood tests to determine if there is something else going on with Dexter's system.

I don't take any eye condition lightly, especially when the eye is affected so suddenly like this.

I really do hope that things are ok. Please report back once you have been to the vet as I would love to know what they say.

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (13601 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (7079 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (61716 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20498 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (12781 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (24222 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (30167 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (9604 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (19698 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (7577 views)