Cloudy eye with blood.

Breed: dalmatian shepherd m
My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There appears to be slight clouding as well. I do have photos of the eye as well which I will send and he has been scratching uncontrollably. The eye was swollen and that seems to have gone down, but when that happened the redness seemed to spread. I will send the photos separately to the email below. I will title it "dexter's eye".

Sorry to hear that Dexter is having problems with his eye. Thank you for sending these excellent photos:

uveitis
uveitis

While I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet I can tell you that this looks like something that warrants a veterinary visit right away. There is inflammation inside of the eye which makes it look like a condition called uveitis. Sometimes we don't know the cause of uveitis. It can sometimes be a sign that there is something very serious going on systemically. It can also be the result of an injury.

Your vet will do some tests to determine if the eye is scratched or if there are other signs of uveitis and will probably give you some medication to help to heal this. They may also want to do some blood tests to determine if there is something else going on with Dexter's system.

I don't take any eye condition lightly, especially when the eye is affected so suddenly like this.

I really do hope that things are ok. Please report back once you have been to the vet as I would love to know what they say.

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (15121 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (4110 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (3481 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (22059 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (3450 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (10390 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (2522 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (7960 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (20342 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (11924 views)