Cloudy eye with blood.

Breed: dalmatian shepherd m
My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There appears to be slight clouding as well. I do have photos of the eye as well which I will send and he has been scratching uncontrollably. The eye was swollen and that seems to have gone down, but when that happened the redness seemed to spread. I will send the photos separately to the email below. I will title it "dexter's eye".

Sorry to hear that Dexter is having problems with his eye. Thank you for sending these excellent photos:

uveitis
uveitis

While I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet I can tell you that this looks like something that warrants a veterinary visit right away. There is inflammation inside of the eye which makes it look like a condition called uveitis. Sometimes we don't know the cause of uveitis. It can sometimes be a sign that there is something very serious going on systemically. It can also be the result of an injury.

Your vet will do some tests to determine if the eye is scratched or if there are other signs of uveitis and will probably give you some medication to help to heal this. They may also want to do some blood tests to determine if there is something else going on with Dexter's system.

I don't take any eye condition lightly, especially when the eye is affected so suddenly like this.

I really do hope that things are ok. Please report back once you have been to the vet as I would love to know what they say.

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (6521 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (11315 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10363 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (7102 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (7307 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6919 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (9366 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (27777 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (8168 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (30295 views)