Cloudy eye with blood.

Breed: dalmatian shepherd m
My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There appears to be slight clouding as well. I do have photos of the eye as well which I will send and he has been scratching uncontrollably. The eye was swollen and that seems to have gone down, but when that happened the redness seemed to spread. I will send the photos separately to the email below. I will title it "dexter's eye".

Sorry to hear that Dexter is having problems with his eye. Thank you for sending these excellent photos:

uveitis
uveitis

While I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet I can tell you that this looks like something that warrants a veterinary visit right away. There is inflammation inside of the eye which makes it look like a condition called uveitis. Sometimes we don't know the cause of uveitis. It can sometimes be a sign that there is something very serious going on systemically. It can also be the result of an injury.

Your vet will do some tests to determine if the eye is scratched or if there are other signs of uveitis and will probably give you some medication to help to heal this. They may also want to do some blood tests to determine if there is something else going on with Dexter's system.

I don't take any eye condition lightly, especially when the eye is affected so suddenly like this.

I really do hope that things are ok. Please report back once you have been to the vet as I would love to know what they say.

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (39242 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (34518 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (7323 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (4790 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (7225 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (8855 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (14009 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (7991 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (7086 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (4633 views)