Cloudy eye with blood.

Breed: dalmatian shepherd m
My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There appears to be slight clouding as well. I do have photos of the eye as well which I will send and he has been scratching uncontrollably. The eye was swollen and that seems to have gone down, but when that happened the redness seemed to spread. I will send the photos separately to the email below. I will title it "dexter's eye".

Sorry to hear that Dexter is having problems with his eye. Thank you for sending these excellent photos:

uveitis
uveitis

While I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet I can tell you that this looks like something that warrants a veterinary visit right away. There is inflammation inside of the eye which makes it look like a condition called uveitis. Sometimes we don't know the cause of uveitis. It can sometimes be a sign that there is something very serious going on systemically. It can also be the result of an injury.

Your vet will do some tests to determine if the eye is scratched or if there are other signs of uveitis and will probably give you some medication to help to heal this. They may also want to do some blood tests to determine if there is something else going on with Dexter's system.

I don't take any eye condition lightly, especially when the eye is affected so suddenly like this.

I really do hope that things are ok. Please report back once you have been to the vet as I would love to know what they say.

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (32552 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (5605 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (9790 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (14784 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (6141 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (6414 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (8286 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (9213 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (9869 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (6487 views)