Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5445 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9037 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5750 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15112 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13412 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (11153 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (8050 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15141 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10503 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (14492 views)