Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (7888 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (12933 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (11332 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (7814 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (6132 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (13208 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (20007 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (151115 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (9344 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (31401 views)