Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (6677 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7059 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (8755 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (24126 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (7927 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (9647 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (21389 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (19075 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (68408 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (7778 views)