Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (19788 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (18263 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (15120 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (47600 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (8485 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (18097 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (35431 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (7011 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (27615 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (23584 views)