Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (13193 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (17242 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4350 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (9643 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (23771 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (13170 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (18125 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (10247 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10396 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7322 views)