Clavamox drops out of fridge.

Breed: DSH
Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet drained the abscess and then told me to use the antibiotic drops twice a day for a week.

Last night my wife gave the medicine and then forgot to put it back in the fridge. Should I throw it out and get some more from the vet? Is it still likely to be good?

Hi John, you should have nothing to worry about here. The manufacturer of Clavamox says that the product is totally fine to stay out of the fridge for 24 hours.

However, if you start noticing that the color is changing of the product then discard it. I've had cases where the clients didn't refrigerate the medication at all and after a few days it turned a funny brown color.

Hope your cat makes a full recovery!

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (11968 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (12964 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (19180 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4881 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9598 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7218 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (11068 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9299 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (15841 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (15237 views)