Kitten won't get out of litter box.

Breed: PUREBRED RAGDOLL
PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT ALL SLEEPS IN IT ROLLS IN IT PLAYS IN IT EVEN THOUGH I KEEP LITTERBOX VERY CLEAN THIS CANT BE HEALTHY I HAVE HAD HER FOR 3 DAYS I BLAME THE BREEDER AS SHE LETS HER KITTENS SLEEP IN THE LITTERBOX SHE HAS HAD PLENTY OF ATTENSION AND TOYS AT MY HOUSE BUT SHE IS IN LOVE WITH HER LITTERBOX !!

I have seen a number of animals that like the comfort of their litter box. I think the solution is to have several other boxes that are acceptable to lie in. You can try an empty litter box, or a litter box with a blanket in it. You can also experiment with different sizes and types of boxes.

Hopefully she will prefer one of those over the litter box.

However, it really isn't harmful for her to stay in the litter box other than it can be messy for you to clean up.

I hope this helps! Dr. Marie.

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (4722 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (7822 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (44574 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (64382 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (7956 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (7967 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5082 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (8386 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7122 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (9604 views)