Puppy walking in circles.

Breed: min pin
Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are standing he's walking in circles and crying running into walls and falling down I don't want him suffering but I want to give him a cplday to see if he improves wut can I do and can I give him something for pain

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that CJ is having these problems.

It really sounds like he needs to see a vet right away. If you are having financial struggles you may be able to get some help from one of these resources that help pay for veterinary bills.

I can think of a few possibilities for the symptoms that CJ has.

It sounds like there is a neurological problem (i.e. something affecting his brain.) This could be a toxin such as ingestion of some type of recreational drug. If this is the case he should be greatly improved by this morning. However, if he ate a drug that is toxic to his liver then he will need veterinary care in order to pull through.

Another thing that can affect the brain like this is if a dog has a liver shunt. This is a condition that they can be born with where the blood supply doesn't travel through the liver properly. If the liver gets severely affected it can make an animal look like they are drunk.

It's also possible that he has had some type of head trauma.

Unfortunately there is no pain medication that I would recommend. The reason for this is that any over the counter pain medication would be processed through the liver and kidneys. If he has a problem with his liver then we actually could make things worse by giving medication.

Unfortunately CJ needs to see his doctor right away.

I hope he is ok! I'd love to hear an update on how he is doing.

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (25361 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15943 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (6703 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10062 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7234 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (17878 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (44865 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (15027 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18642 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (27179 views)