Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (15828 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (11912 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (3480 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (19564 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (14111 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (12652 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (7930 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (7485 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (15147 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (7363 views)