Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (5110 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (4745 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (5374 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (3047 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (5466 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (1606 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (6164 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (4775 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (1642 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (10758 views)