Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (1056 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (9308 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (4577 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (4318 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (8786 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (1563 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (4639 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (2491 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (8796 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (5326 views)