Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (16122 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11660 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (6822 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (29574 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (8681 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10279 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (24323 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (15711 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5145 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (6554 views)