Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (6355 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (6321 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (2378 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (25848 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (5092 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (7403 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (8227 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (7296 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (3352 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (8633 views)