Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (4613 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (12399 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (5432 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (2016 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (7590 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (6215 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (3905 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (8151 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (8730 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (2467 views)