Puppy with hard lump on throat

Breed: mix chihuaha
my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does not move and doesnt seem to hurt him he eats fine but has a very sad look

Sorry to hear that Love is not well.

You mentioned that she is less than 3 months old. It is possible that she has a condition called puppy strangles (also known as juvenile cellulitis). We don't know the cause of this condition. It needs to be treated with steroids prescribed by your vet.

Another possibility is if the swelling is a swollen lymph node as a result of an infection nearby.

It could also be an abscess which could be the result of a bite from a littermate.

In any case, a lump in this area is not normally. I would definitely recommend a vet visit as soon as possible. If this is puppy strangles the sooner we treat it the better as it can be a very serious condition.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (2024 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (4960 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (8251 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (55996 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (5735 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (1968 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (19518 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (5738 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (15480 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (2628 views)