Mascara for dogs?

Breed: bichon frise
I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put some mascara on the tips of her eyelashes, can i do that?(do they sell dog mascara that maybe won't hurt my little dog.)
thanks in advance
Sabrina, 14 years old.:)

Hi Sabrina. No, you should not put mascara of any type on your dog's eyelashes.

Dogs with long hair around the eyes are already more prone to getting eye infections. Adding any type of foreign material to the hair would greatly increase the risk of an eye infection.

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (30021 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (58515 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12885 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (7692 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (77410 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (10861 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (26631 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (15834 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (30951 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (10659 views)