Mascara for dogs?

Breed: bichon frise
I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put some mascara on the tips of her eyelashes, can i do that?(do they sell dog mascara that maybe won't hurt my little dog.)
thanks in advance
Sabrina, 14 years old.:)

Hi Sabrina. No, you should not put mascara of any type on your dog's eyelashes.

Dogs with long hair around the eyes are already more prone to getting eye infections. Adding any type of foreign material to the hair would greatly increase the risk of an eye infection.

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7102 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (9814 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (5924 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (13533 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (4282 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (8054 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (9811 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (16426 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9202 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (8973 views)