Lump near nipple.

Breed: Miniature Pinsche
She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in circumference.It's slightly above her right first nipple from her chest.

No, i don't think she's eaten anything weird.She only recently eaten `Canine Caviar' dog food a few weeks ago.And sometimes cornflakes, milk, plain bread and honey.

She's not spayed yet.Sometimes she seems a bit off her appetite, but she still eats her usual 2 meals a day.No weird discharge from her droppings or urethra(haven't seen any so far). She seems fine .. her usual mood. Always very happy and excited when going for a walk.

I just noticed this a few hours ago.Should i be concerned?

Thank you.

Any mammary lump, especially in an unspayed female is a cause for concern. With most lumps the vet can do a quick test where they put a needle in the lump and determine if it is cancerous. Unfortunately, though, with mammary lumps this test usually doesn't tell us much.

Your vet will likely want to remove the lump and this likely will require a full anesthetic. They may also want to take some chest xrays to make sure there is no spread of cancer to the chest.

The good news is that this lump is small. Hopefully removing it will cure the problem.

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (8566 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (13208 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39694 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (22020 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (5683 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (16791 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (7269 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (9601 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (7551 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27901 views)