Lump near nipple.

Breed: Miniature Pinsche
She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in circumference.It's slightly above her right first nipple from her chest.

No, i don't think she's eaten anything weird.She only recently eaten `Canine Caviar' dog food a few weeks ago.And sometimes cornflakes, milk, plain bread and honey.

She's not spayed yet.Sometimes she seems a bit off her appetite, but she still eats her usual 2 meals a day.No weird discharge from her droppings or urethra(haven't seen any so far). She seems fine .. her usual mood. Always very happy and excited when going for a walk.

I just noticed this a few hours ago.Should i be concerned?

Thank you.

Any mammary lump, especially in an unspayed female is a cause for concern. With most lumps the vet can do a quick test where they put a needle in the lump and determine if it is cancerous. Unfortunately, though, with mammary lumps this test usually doesn't tell us much.

Your vet will likely want to remove the lump and this likely will require a full anesthetic. They may also want to take some chest xrays to make sure there is no spread of cancer to the chest.

The good news is that this lump is small. Hopefully removing it will cure the problem.

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (60363 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13024 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10668 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11267 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9291 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8161 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (9960 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (20213 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5056 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (5745 views)