Lump near nipple.

Breed: Miniature Pinsche
She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in circumference.It's slightly above her right first nipple from her chest.

No, i don't think she's eaten anything weird.She only recently eaten `Canine Caviar' dog food a few weeks ago.And sometimes cornflakes, milk, plain bread and honey.

She's not spayed yet.Sometimes she seems a bit off her appetite, but she still eats her usual 2 meals a day.No weird discharge from her droppings or urethra(haven't seen any so far). She seems fine .. her usual mood. Always very happy and excited when going for a walk.

I just noticed this a few hours ago.Should i be concerned?

Thank you.

Any mammary lump, especially in an unspayed female is a cause for concern. With most lumps the vet can do a quick test where they put a needle in the lump and determine if it is cancerous. Unfortunately, though, with mammary lumps this test usually doesn't tell us much.

Your vet will likely want to remove the lump and this likely will require a full anesthetic. They may also want to take some chest xrays to make sure there is no spread of cancer to the chest.

The good news is that this lump is small. Hopefully removing it will cure the problem.

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (19510 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (20690 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (9502 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (10177 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (9435 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (19494 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (8870 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (9651 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (10712 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (28463 views)