Lump near nipple.

Breed: Miniature Pinsche
She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in circumference.It's slightly above her right first nipple from her chest.

No, i don't think she's eaten anything weird.She only recently eaten `Canine Caviar' dog food a few weeks ago.And sometimes cornflakes, milk, plain bread and honey.

She's not spayed yet.Sometimes she seems a bit off her appetite, but she still eats her usual 2 meals a day.No weird discharge from her droppings or urethra(haven't seen any so far). She seems fine .. her usual mood. Always very happy and excited when going for a walk.

I just noticed this a few hours ago.Should i be concerned?

Thank you.

Any mammary lump, especially in an unspayed female is a cause for concern. With most lumps the vet can do a quick test where they put a needle in the lump and determine if it is cancerous. Unfortunately, though, with mammary lumps this test usually doesn't tell us much.

Your vet will likely want to remove the lump and this likely will require a full anesthetic. They may also want to take some chest xrays to make sure there is no spread of cancer to the chest.

The good news is that this lump is small. Hopefully removing it will cure the problem.

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7285 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (6978 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (32906 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (8079 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (7495 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (22456 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5015 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (17856 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9149 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (12775 views)