Lump near nipple.

Breed: Miniature Pinsche
She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in circumference.It's slightly above her right first nipple from her chest.

No, i don't think she's eaten anything weird.She only recently eaten `Canine Caviar' dog food a few weeks ago.And sometimes cornflakes, milk, plain bread and honey.

She's not spayed yet.Sometimes she seems a bit off her appetite, but she still eats her usual 2 meals a day.No weird discharge from her droppings or urethra(haven't seen any so far). She seems fine .. her usual mood. Always very happy and excited when going for a walk.

I just noticed this a few hours ago.Should i be concerned?

Thank you.

Any mammary lump, especially in an unspayed female is a cause for concern. With most lumps the vet can do a quick test where they put a needle in the lump and determine if it is cancerous. Unfortunately, though, with mammary lumps this test usually doesn't tell us much.

Your vet will likely want to remove the lump and this likely will require a full anesthetic. They may also want to take some chest xrays to make sure there is no spread of cancer to the chest.

The good news is that this lump is small. Hopefully removing it will cure the problem.

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (25681 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (33197 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16795 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (10751 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (23052 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (11610 views)

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (17397 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (141026 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5789 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (14088 views)