bloat in boerboels

Breed: Boerboel
Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about getting one in the future but, i'm doing some research as much as i can. I do have one question that's bothering me and i was hoping you could help me... Is the boerboel breed prone to bloat? On some sites i've been say they are but on others, doesn't even say a thing about bloat. Please help me!

Hi and thanks for your question.

Any large breed dog can be at risk for bloat which occurs when the stomach twists and fills with air.

I couldn't find any specific information on the incidence of bloat in Boerboels, but this is likely because the breed is not terribly common.

However, Boerboels are a type of Mastiff and Mastiffs are well known for being prone to bloat.

I hope this information helps!

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (17393 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (12888 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8033 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (31296 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11063 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (16537 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (7449 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (155693 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (11083 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (4659 views)