Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (11063 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (9712 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (9297 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (12939 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (6471 views)

Vomiting due to virus? Hello Dr.Marie. Okay so my 14 year old cat smokey has been going threw some... (13908 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (8666 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (2940 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (8976 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (21016 views)