Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (8455 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6082 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (6370 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4535 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (9259 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4044 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (26900 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (11521 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (4595 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (6777 views)