Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (78396 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (25669 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (19089 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (16338 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (4430 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (8295 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (10559 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (7504 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (14658 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (13633 views)