Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (6099 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (10712 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (12379 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (22315 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (32016 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (37148 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (5012 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16428 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25780 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24725 views)