Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (11871 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (11456 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (10973 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (10560 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (12657 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (10022 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (10936 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (18216 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (71600 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (34569 views)