Matts on my cat

Breed: long hair part maie
I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for my daughter, is it safe to use on my cat?

If the hair is matted by far the best thing you can do is have a professional groomer take care of the matts.

They will not come out with any type of shampoo. They need to be either brushed out or clipped out. However, do not use scissors to clip these out. I can't tell you how many cats I have seen that have had their skin severely cut by well meaning owners.

The groomer will likely use professional clippers to shave the matts out.

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (62880 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (13552 views)

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (4304 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (41684 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (60638 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (11645 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (22743 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (12452 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (8235 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (7172 views)