Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (12536 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (7959 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (24030 views)

Did air freshener kill my dog? hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused... (10752 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (7780 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (6865 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (16762 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (6952 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (7542 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (17193 views)