Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (8090 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6099 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (7230 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (23987 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (7172 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (13806 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (13111 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (8612 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (7559 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (11967 views)