Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11637 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (13376 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (304368 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (25185 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (7300 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9949 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (24094 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (15951 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (53477 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11911 views)