Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (11533 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (14898 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (10532 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (4272 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (6993 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (13024 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (12452 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (3091 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (6984 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (6499 views)