Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9535 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (8414 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (50884 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (14890 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (7157 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8034 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (43256 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (5255 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7445 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (24409 views)