Black spot on tongue.

Breed: Mutt
Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've fed her people food and she's never gotten ill. Today while I was playing with her I noticed a black spot I've never seen before on her tongue, and I noticed one side of her tongue was swollen. I live hours away from a vet and am panicing! I'd pay you but I don't have much money and if there's something wrong chances are I'll have to pay a lot of money to get her better.. Please respond :(

While some dogs can get a black spot on their tongue that is just pigment and nothing to worry about, the spot would not be swollen.

I'm worried that this is either a tumor or a serious infection.

Your little one really should be seen by a vet right away!

Should this tumor be removed? My neice's 8-month old cavoodle has a growth on his shoulder. When we first noticed... (10831 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (5892 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (19085 views)

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (9072 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (36595 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (7967 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (13285 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (5082 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (5033 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (9957 views)