Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (22547 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (27368 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (10025 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (38532 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (88445 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (23673 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (21462 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (109048 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (14570 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (12891 views)