Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (50530 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (11144 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (7894 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (17729 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (60076 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (9995 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (23031 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (25877 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8860 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10762 views)