Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (6812 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (10512 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (4637 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (16892 views)

Wobbly after back surgery. My little dog, pumpkin, had surgery for a 'blown disc' 2-1/2 years. She attempts to... (6606 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (6796 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (6730 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (13139 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (9539 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (5417 views)