Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (7713 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (10470 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (6164 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (26294 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (23891 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (29848 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (25613 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (16300 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (28231 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (9190 views)