Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (14009 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (11986 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (12260 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (21405 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6718 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (21732 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7523 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (5810 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7603 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (20225 views)