Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (8716 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (11274 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (11426 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (75200 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (25015 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68625 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (8000 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (13008 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (17352 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (9073 views)