Should I help a sick vole?

Breed: Vole
I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rats but this is a quick question. I once found a sick vole in my backyard. It wasn't moving and it was breathing really fast. I just left it there and I feel guilty. What would you have done?

(I don't know the vole's age so I just kept it at less than 3 months)

Interesting question.

I think I would likely do the same as you. There's really not a lot else that you could have done.

If the little guy was really sick there would not really have been anything you could do for him. And it potentially could have been dangerous for you to be handling a sick or injured wild animal.

In some areas there are organizations that you can call such as the SPCA or a wildlife rescue organization that can help. However, I'm not sure if they would come for a vole.

As hard as it is to see a wild animal that is not well, it sounds like you did the same thing I would.

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (16614 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (44959 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (19510 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (25553 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (9152 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (20713 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8523 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (17154 views)

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (7416 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (54012 views)