Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (47228 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (12456 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (14819 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (77642 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (12770 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (18062 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (10183 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (8912 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (10335 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (10793 views)