Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (15103 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (68794 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (9523 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (7191 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (20163 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (17464 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (7236 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (10222 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (4360 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (73119 views)