Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (15591 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (24585 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14869 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (10093 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (12036 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (98943 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10188 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10174 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7300 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11462 views)