Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (18861 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5150 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (10574 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (31071 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (3628 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (17273 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (9308 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (8724 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (9437 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (5504 views)