Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (7794 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (10305 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (3815 views)

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (6253 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (6405 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (7403 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (20003 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (7792 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3432 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (7537 views)