Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (72651 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7105 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6020 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17615 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (4057 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (5827 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (40499 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (16413 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (83845 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (111726 views)