Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (7757 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (10642 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5581 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (80636 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (9588 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (17458 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (7721 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (8554 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (7477 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (47223 views)