Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (30908 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (11891 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (31118 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (11144 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (18824 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9386 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (14048 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (9879 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (18572 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (7844 views)