Baby teeth didn't fall out.

Breed: Dachshund
My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them. The baby teeth are changing colors. What should I do should I see if they will fall out or go to a vet to get them pulled?

If these teeth are not loose then they likely will need to be extracted by your veterinarian. Usually we do this at the same time as a dog's spay which is usually around 5-6 months of age. The extraction must be done under a general anesthetic.

It is highly recommended that you have the teeth removed because they will collect plaque and debris and can cause some serious problems later on in life.

The discoloration means that the teeth are damaged. While we don't know for sure, many veterinary dentists say that this is painful.

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (14716 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7924 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (18956 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (28018 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (16700 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48715 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7828 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10877 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18622 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15456 views)