Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (25054 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (9932 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (23576 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (28282 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (23664 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (13856 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (39375 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (6990 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10594 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (9945 views)