Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (86423 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (23374 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (41855 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (32128 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (277226 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (13614 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (10192 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (14817 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (250137 views)

Bassett with swollen eyes. I have a 5 year old bassett whos eye swelled up quite a bit this morning. We took... (16581 views)