Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (6531 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (9560 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (26306 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (9132 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (6854 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (12728 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (16232 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (15295 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (13571 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (24509 views)