Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (11787 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (12071 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (64584 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (9512 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18178 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10521 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (117182 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (14704 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (19331 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15687 views)