Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11531 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19899 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (8349 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (15325 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (9222 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (17139 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (6737 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (33907 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9245 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (12305 views)