Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10135 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (21969 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (9525 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (5149 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (13555 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (58840 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4934 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9204 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (11695 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (27606 views)