Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (13067 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (17106 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (15126 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (6735 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7193 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5922 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (16129 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (33569 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (10526 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (12644 views)