Boxer fainted.

Breed: Boxer
My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to the door to go outside. He just woke up from nap since he played all day at the daycare. (He goes to 1-2 a week.) As we were about to head outside and go down the stairs he lost control of his whole body and almost fell down. He pretty much collapsed and then lay down. I actually had to catch him otherwise he would have fallen down our stairs. It happens in a matter of seconds and then he was fine. I am contacting the vet today but was not sure what the cause may be and how concerned I should be?

It sounds like you may want to talk to your vet about a condition called boxer cardiomyopathy. Some boxers can be born with a heart issue that can cause fainting or even sudden death.

They will likely recommend an ultrasound of the heart.

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (15596 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29783 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (33374 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9313 views)

Leaking urine on bed. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog has had bladder problems since she was a puppy. She will... (5213 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8591 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8340 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (10385 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10472 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (8642 views)